Weekend Warrior
So, we left off on Friday with a recap of Thursday night.Friday after work I met up with my former boss and we had dinner and cocktails in Chelsea at his favorite place. I ordered the Pork Tenderloin and he ordered the Hangar Steak (the menu is constantly changing so it probably isn't on the online menu pages) and both were decent as were the cocktails. We were both exhausted so after dinner and cocktails we called it a night and agreed to meet up the following day.
After two nights of dinner and too many cocktails on Friday night I spent most of Saturday at home relaxing. My cohort went upstate to Dobbs Ferry to visit another former coworker. By five I was recoverered and we met up again for dinner and cocktails. This time we wound up at The Place (again). Instead of the salmon that I ordered the two times before I was convinced to try the Free Range Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. I was not disappointed. The chicken was well seasoned and cooked to perfection. It was juicy and succulent. This restauarant is quickly becoming a favorite. He ordered the risotto and seemed to enjoy it as had my coworker. Of course dessert was again the yummy Creme Brulee which wasn't quite as good as before but still good. Once again we over-indulged in the cocktails and called it a night after walking around the Village for a while.
Sunday found me up early so we decided to meet up for Brunch. I remembered that this place had reopened from renovations so we headed back downtown. They used to have the best brunch buffet in town. Come to find out that after the renovation the food, service and decor have suffered. I could form a laundry list of complaints but the fact is that we both left stuffed and the food was still decent, though not as good as it used to be. Again we walked around a bit but it was too hot for that. There was a Mexican festival on 14th Street but it was so hot there weren't too many people out there.
We walked back up to Chelsea and wound up in his favorite place again so we could cool off. We were too stuffed to eat again so we just embibed a bit more on Mimosas and Mojitos.
We parted ways and I went home where I don't remember what happened. I may have taken a nap for all I know. All in all it was an entertaining weekend and now I need to rest up from it.
After two nights of dinner and too many cocktails on Friday night I spent most of Saturday at home relaxing. My cohort went upstate to Dobbs Ferry to visit another former coworker. By five I was recoverered and we met up again for dinner and cocktails. This time we wound up at The Place (again). Instead of the salmon that I ordered the two times before I was convinced to try the Free Range Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. I was not disappointed. The chicken was well seasoned and cooked to perfection. It was juicy and succulent. This restauarant is quickly becoming a favorite. He ordered the risotto and seemed to enjoy it as had my coworker. Of course dessert was again the yummy Creme Brulee which wasn't quite as good as before but still good. Once again we over-indulged in the cocktails and called it a night after walking around the Village for a while.
Sunday found me up early so we decided to meet up for Brunch. I remembered that this place had reopened from renovations so we headed back downtown. They used to have the best brunch buffet in town. Come to find out that after the renovation the food, service and decor have suffered. I could form a laundry list of complaints but the fact is that we both left stuffed and the food was still decent, though not as good as it used to be. Again we walked around a bit but it was too hot for that. There was a Mexican festival on 14th Street but it was so hot there weren't too many people out there.
We walked back up to Chelsea and wound up in his favorite place again so we could cool off. We were too stuffed to eat again so we just embibed a bit more on Mimosas and Mojitos.
We parted ways and I went home where I don't remember what happened. I may have taken a nap for all I know. All in all it was an entertaining weekend and now I need to rest up from it.
Comments
Post a Comment