Because Weekends were Made for ...

I could totally find a nice warm corner to curl up into with a soft cuddly blanket right now.  I am so sleepy.  Last night my co-worker and I went to dinner at The Place (see earlier post) and I wound up staying out past my bedtime.  Well not really but she is such a chatty Cathy that she makes me tired.

Of course I dominated the first part of the conversation talking about the Supastar (shush Bloop!) because he is doing some exciting things these days.  Then she went on and on about how she and hubby are trying to have a baby and all the fertitlity stuff they have to go through...blah...blah...blah.  Hubby's daughter from previous marriage has been acting out...blah..blah..blah.  So, needless to say I can only take her in small doses.  We meet up once every few months for a dinner and that seems to work fine.

Afterwards we went to this place where she ordered a chocolate hazelnut gelati and I had a canoli.  The gelati was sooooo good but I should have gone next door to get the canoli where they make them fresh (Bloopy's cake place).   By then she was about all talked out and ready to head back home so we parted ways and I came home to cuddle with my bed.

This weekend a former boss is in town and we are supposed to hang out.  I really just want to hang out with my bed after the late night call from Supastar, the afterwork dinner and now a full weekend of merrymaking.  I need a nap!

What I really want is a vacation.  Hope to get out of the city between now and next month. 

Wonder if  gelati will wake me up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break