On love (7.13.20)

Note: Not sure why this didn't post. 

Lately I've been thinking that I am ready to reenter the dating pool. I've had a lot of time to heal and reflect on my life so I believe I am more self aware. Of course that will be tested once I actually dip my foot in the water but at least mentally that is where I am right now.

I've been thinking about it a lot. I know that I have always entered into relationships half heartedly. I can't think of a single relationship where I have committed myself 100%. I've always had one foot ready to head out the door. Not sure why it took my entire life to figure this out but it did. Maybe my needs are also different. Well, my needs are probably the same but the fact that I can recognize my needs has changed.

Relationships have also been in the forefront of social media with the unfortunate entanglement involving The Smiths. As Tabitha Brown would say that's their business and lord knows I have no business judging them. However it has sparked up a necessary conversation especially when it comes to love in the context of marriage. I have for most of my adult life been against the sense of possession that come along with being in a committed relationship. I wouldn't say I am polygamous or polyamorous but I simply don't like feeling like someone is controlling me if that makes sense.

Today an exchange was shared with someone where it was revealed that sometime we feel unworthy of receiving love completely because it was either something we never experienced in our lives or witnessed in our formative years. It goes back to that self-healing journey of waking up each day and telling yourself that you are worthy of love. I truly believe that there is someone in the world for everyone. It is just a matter of them making their way to each other. The crazy thing is that world is much smaller than we think. They say there are 6 degrees of separation but in our community it is actually less. In my experience it is more like 2-3 degrees of separation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break