Routines are so important
Good Morning Secret and Silent Followers,
Happy Saturday! What do you have planned for this beautiful almost fall-ish weekend? Can you believe it is almost time for apple picking and picking out pumpkins? Yeah, summer went by fast. Honestly, there was a patch where it was dragging - which don't get me wrong was perfectly fine with me - then all of sudden it sped up and here it is practically the end of summer.
Anyhow, I have spent the summer learning about this new online playing field and baby it is nothing like how it was when I first started blogging. Social media has changed the game and this little millennials are out here cranking out this mass produced content as a numbers game. Algorithms and analytics. None of that mattered when we used to blog from the heart. It's crazy how something that started out as passion projects as turned into what it is now. All of that is say that I am making no headway. I mean, I can't create engagement or draw traffic to my sight. I know it took a long time to grow my other site but I had a loyal and engaged following. I honestly just want to give it up but I love creating so I will probably stick it out and just play the game as best I can.
Other than that I am still working on improving my physical health and the health of my finances. As for my physical health I finally started a much needed detox and cleanse. A lot of the products that I used to use seem to either no longer be on the market or they have changed. So, the detox has been going well. I woke up with a headache the first couple of days but they weren't lasting. I am on a 3 day detox now using a product I bought at the Vitamin Shoppe. I've also replenished all of my vitamins and started a women's supplement that I should have started years ago. I made a Trader Joe's run yesterday and started planning my meals using Trello. And...I am not drinking! I want to be sure that I am building ways to be successful once I return to work.
As for my financial health, I had to take a hard look at my finances and I realized that I have to buckle down if I want to eliminate this debt. I think the meal planning will help a lot because I won't waste money eating out and can eat low cost meals like beans a rice and lentils. Also not drinking anything but water, tea, and coffee helps. I did buy some juice at Trader Joe's but it will not be a regular thing.
I will also go back to budgeting once I figure out what is what with our raise and all. So just to be transparent my consumer debt right now is $10K. It is not excessive compared to many but it is too much for me. I want to go hard to knock it out in less than a year. I need to be super discipline to do it which means I might not be able to travel. I'll see what I can do.
So everything mentioned above is about developing and maintaining habits and routines. Being disciplined. I think that is what my focus will be on this year. Self-discipline. This summer my focus was on self-care. I guess I was really pushed to do that when I was sick for a good 2 months. Once I complete a total detox I want to do a quick juice or liquid fast to recalibrate my body. Right now the detox is just eliminating toxins but I want to be in a place where my my diet is primarily plant based again and my energy levels are elevated. I don't want to backslide. I want to increase my physical fitness levels and flexibility. A sister has goals. I want fitness and healthy diet to be a part of my lifestyle. I want my mental health to be the best it has ever been. I want to make a miraculous transformation so I can share my story with others of how I overcame everything to be a better woman. I want to be more disciplined in my life so I can have more wonderful experiences. When I go back back to Jamaica I want to hike to Dunn's River Falls and not worry about being out of shape. I want to swim in more cenotes and visit more Mayan ruins without struggling. But I have to first become more disciplined. I can do it!
Happy Saturday! What do you have planned for this beautiful almost fall-ish weekend? Can you believe it is almost time for apple picking and picking out pumpkins? Yeah, summer went by fast. Honestly, there was a patch where it was dragging - which don't get me wrong was perfectly fine with me - then all of sudden it sped up and here it is practically the end of summer.
Anyhow, I have spent the summer learning about this new online playing field and baby it is nothing like how it was when I first started blogging. Social media has changed the game and this little millennials are out here cranking out this mass produced content as a numbers game. Algorithms and analytics. None of that mattered when we used to blog from the heart. It's crazy how something that started out as passion projects as turned into what it is now. All of that is say that I am making no headway. I mean, I can't create engagement or draw traffic to my sight. I know it took a long time to grow my other site but I had a loyal and engaged following. I honestly just want to give it up but I love creating so I will probably stick it out and just play the game as best I can.
Other than that I am still working on improving my physical health and the health of my finances. As for my physical health I finally started a much needed detox and cleanse. A lot of the products that I used to use seem to either no longer be on the market or they have changed. So, the detox has been going well. I woke up with a headache the first couple of days but they weren't lasting. I am on a 3 day detox now using a product I bought at the Vitamin Shoppe. I've also replenished all of my vitamins and started a women's supplement that I should have started years ago. I made a Trader Joe's run yesterday and started planning my meals using Trello. And...I am not drinking! I want to be sure that I am building ways to be successful once I return to work.
As for my financial health, I had to take a hard look at my finances and I realized that I have to buckle down if I want to eliminate this debt. I think the meal planning will help a lot because I won't waste money eating out and can eat low cost meals like beans a rice and lentils. Also not drinking anything but water, tea, and coffee helps. I did buy some juice at Trader Joe's but it will not be a regular thing.
I will also go back to budgeting once I figure out what is what with our raise and all. So just to be transparent my consumer debt right now is $10K. It is not excessive compared to many but it is too much for me. I want to go hard to knock it out in less than a year. I need to be super discipline to do it which means I might not be able to travel. I'll see what I can do.
So everything mentioned above is about developing and maintaining habits and routines. Being disciplined. I think that is what my focus will be on this year. Self-discipline. This summer my focus was on self-care. I guess I was really pushed to do that when I was sick for a good 2 months. Once I complete a total detox I want to do a quick juice or liquid fast to recalibrate my body. Right now the detox is just eliminating toxins but I want to be in a place where my my diet is primarily plant based again and my energy levels are elevated. I don't want to backslide. I want to increase my physical fitness levels and flexibility. A sister has goals. I want fitness and healthy diet to be a part of my lifestyle. I want my mental health to be the best it has ever been. I want to make a miraculous transformation so I can share my story with others of how I overcame everything to be a better woman. I want to be more disciplined in my life so I can have more wonderful experiences. When I go back back to Jamaica I want to hike to Dunn's River Falls and not worry about being out of shape. I want to swim in more cenotes and visit more Mayan ruins without struggling. But I have to first become more disciplined. I can do it!
Comments
Post a Comment