 |
| Beautiful and peaceful Jamaica |
My goal this year is to protect my peace. I am in a very different mind space and do not wish to be pulled into a vortex of negativity. I woke up this morning realizing that I let a lot of important things go because I did not have the mental capacity to deal with them. My mental state was so compromised it impacted me physically. It has been years since I have lived. No, I mean really lived. I knew I was in a bad place but I didn't realize how deep in I was. It is as if a veil has been lifted and I am exposed to sunlight after being imprisoned. I want to stay in the light. This most recent depression was different from the other deep depressions I experienced which is why I thought I was just functionally depressed and not severely depressed. But I wasn't functioning. I was barely functioning. I think as black people we take our mental health for granted.
It was only by the grace of God that I was lifted up out of that situation that was killing me and placed in the light. God's favor has been on me ever since. I am so grateful to have come out of the dark place. God has placed me in a position to see and experience his wondrous creation. To see beautiful places and reconnect with the earth. I missed that.
I want to remain the light. I want to stay in a place of peace. I want to protect my peace at all costs.
Comments
Post a Comment