The bare minimum
This weekend I did what, in my mind, is a lot. While I slept in Saturday, I did head out to run errands. I have been doing more and more each weekend. I have been back on track with taking care of myself and I realized (no, really realized) how much I have been neglecting my self-care routine. Even in New York at my brokest I would maintain my self-care routine. I would have regular manicure and pedicures, eyebrow waxes or threading appointments, and even hair appointments. When I first moved to this area I maintained that but as I started to slip into depression during the last couple of years I let everything go.
Yesterday I went to the mall for a massage, eyebrow threading, and brunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Because I am adjusting my diet I hadn't had pancakes in ages. They were so delicious and the portion was just right. I also bought hair products from Kiehl's and an eyeshadow palette from Urban Outfitters. I can't wait to play in it since I threw out a lot of my old eyeshadows that weren't pigmented enough. I then headed into D.C. and picked up my coffee that I haven't had in a while. It wasn't on sale but despite trying to find a good substitute I still like my Swing's coffee best.
Today, I had a pedicure appointment so I was out of the house by 11:00 A.M. The most beautiful man I have seen in a long time came in for a pedicure and made me realize that I indeed need to finish losing the rest of this weight so I can get back into the game. It's not that men aren't interested in me, it's that I am not interested in them, but that seems to be changing. It could also be spring fever.
After my nail appointment I ran some more errands and got some hair products since I am trying to grow my hair out. I stopped into Dollar Tree and bought gardening supplies and greeting cards. I am going to try to be better about sending cards to friends and family. I used to send cards and letters all of the time but email and social media changes that. I also have been trying to stay on top of keeping my car washed. My car was so filthy it was embarrassing so after the guys at Germantown Auto Spa did such a great job of making my car look decent again I was determined to keep it clean. I took it for an exterior wash today but the inside is still relatively clean.
After the care wash I headed home where I straightened up and did laundry.
I got some really great deals at the Dollar Tree in addition to the gardening supplies. I got 4 facial masks by Yes to Tomatoes. My skin went completely crazy and I have been diligently been working to get it back to where it used to be. I seem to be making some headway. I didn't realize just how neglected my skin was. I honestly didn't realize how neglected my life in generalize was. What happened? But I am back to doing the bare minimum. I used to sleep so much. Now I am actually getting out into the world. I can function. I can function!!!
Yesterday I went to the mall for a massage, eyebrow threading, and brunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Because I am adjusting my diet I hadn't had pancakes in ages. They were so delicious and the portion was just right. I also bought hair products from Kiehl's and an eyeshadow palette from Urban Outfitters. I can't wait to play in it since I threw out a lot of my old eyeshadows that weren't pigmented enough. I then headed into D.C. and picked up my coffee that I haven't had in a while. It wasn't on sale but despite trying to find a good substitute I still like my Swing's coffee best.
Today, I had a pedicure appointment so I was out of the house by 11:00 A.M. The most beautiful man I have seen in a long time came in for a pedicure and made me realize that I indeed need to finish losing the rest of this weight so I can get back into the game. It's not that men aren't interested in me, it's that I am not interested in them, but that seems to be changing. It could also be spring fever.
After my nail appointment I ran some more errands and got some hair products since I am trying to grow my hair out. I stopped into Dollar Tree and bought gardening supplies and greeting cards. I am going to try to be better about sending cards to friends and family. I used to send cards and letters all of the time but email and social media changes that. I also have been trying to stay on top of keeping my car washed. My car was so filthy it was embarrassing so after the guys at Germantown Auto Spa did such a great job of making my car look decent again I was determined to keep it clean. I took it for an exterior wash today but the inside is still relatively clean.
After the care wash I headed home where I straightened up and did laundry.
I got some really great deals at the Dollar Tree in addition to the gardening supplies. I got 4 facial masks by Yes to Tomatoes. My skin went completely crazy and I have been diligently been working to get it back to where it used to be. I seem to be making some headway. I didn't realize just how neglected my skin was. I honestly didn't realize how neglected my life in generalize was. What happened? But I am back to doing the bare minimum. I used to sleep so much. Now I am actually getting out into the world. I can function. I can function!!!
Comments
Post a Comment