Reflecting on 2018

Center City Philadelphia (Winter 2017)

Well friends, here we are. At the end of yet another year. You know what that means...time for a reflection post. I posed these questions last year but since I have don't have any engagement on this blog 👀the questions just sat there collecting dust. So, I will pose the same questions and answer them myself.


  • What were the highlights of 2018? 
As you may know I had several extreme low moments balanced by extreme highs this year. My highlight was definitely going to Cuba. That has been on bucket list for most of my adult life. I can't wait to get back to that beautiful island. 

  • What am I most grateful for during 2018?
I am most grateful for leaving the job that made me extremely miserable and was sucking the life out of me. I am so blessed to now be in a new job where I feel like I have a fresh start and where I don't have a giant target on my back. 

I am also extremely grateful for the financial blessings that allowed me to travel and to move to a new home. I have revamped my wardrobe and I am remembering what brings me joy and peace. 

  • What is your theme for 2019?
That's a tricky question. I think my theme for last year might have been gratitude? I know I tried to live each day in gratitude. I have to mull on this one a bit but definitely I want it to be centered on a healthy lifestyle and being present in the moment. 

  • How do I want to evolve and grow in 2019?
I guess this connects to what I just said above...I want to relearn how to be more present. I want more human connection and I definitely want stop using bad habits as an excuse for why I can't and won't get myself involved. I want to lose ALL of my excess weight and reclaim my health and well-being. I want to grow professionally but most importantly I want to be open to love. That's a lot, huh? 

  • What areas do you want to focus on in 2019? What are your goals in those areas?
As I mentioned I want to focus on health and well-being which includes:
  • social and emotional health
  • wellness and healthy living (my brain told me to type weight loss but my fingers instead typed wellness so I'm going with that.)
  • Being present and OPEN to new (and old) relationships
  • Being open to adventure
  • Being open to growth opportunities professionally
So there you have it. My goals for 2019 in black and white. I put it out into the Universe so let's go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break