The Magic
The author of The Secret also wrote a book called The Magic. My friend LJ sent it to me and I read most of it then set it on my nightstand to collect dust. I picked it up today because I am feeling like there are a lot of blockages in my life preventing me from moving to the next level. I have been working on changing my thoughts, changing my language, and moving through life in a different way.
While I was working on expressing gratitude and counting my blessings this morning I had an ah-ha moment. I realized that I had been creating problems in my life by defining myself as a problem-solver. How can I be a problem-solver if I don't have problems to solve? So, I resolve that I will stop defining myself as a problem-solver and be more aware of the way that I define myself. Right now, I have real problems that need to be solved. Perhaps instead of defining myself as a problem-solver I can define myself as solutions driven or solutions oriented.
I honestly think that when life throws these huge curve balls at us it is to get our full attention. It is to force us to take the necessary time to grow and work on those lingering problem areas in our lives. When we are on the hamster wheel we are spinning and unable to take the necessary time to assess our shortcomings.
I just needed to recognize that sometimes we create our own problems in our lives. I know that this situation was my doing, but what I didn't anticipate was that I would face so many obstacles.
I am grateful for being solutions-oriented. I am grateful for having the capacity to find the right solutions for my circumstances. I am grateful for it all working out in my favor. I am grateful for the lessons that I am learning.
While I was working on expressing gratitude and counting my blessings this morning I had an ah-ha moment. I realized that I had been creating problems in my life by defining myself as a problem-solver. How can I be a problem-solver if I don't have problems to solve? So, I resolve that I will stop defining myself as a problem-solver and be more aware of the way that I define myself. Right now, I have real problems that need to be solved. Perhaps instead of defining myself as a problem-solver I can define myself as solutions driven or solutions oriented.
I honestly think that when life throws these huge curve balls at us it is to get our full attention. It is to force us to take the necessary time to grow and work on those lingering problem areas in our lives. When we are on the hamster wheel we are spinning and unable to take the necessary time to assess our shortcomings.
I just needed to recognize that sometimes we create our own problems in our lives. I know that this situation was my doing, but what I didn't anticipate was that I would face so many obstacles.
I am grateful for being solutions-oriented. I am grateful for having the capacity to find the right solutions for my circumstances. I am grateful for it all working out in my favor. I am grateful for the lessons that I am learning.
Comments
Post a Comment