The Magic Follow-Up
| Cuba was in the top 3 of my bucket list destinations (© All rights reserved) |
So back to The Magic. In my last post I wrote how I realized that language and thoughts have an impact on what we attract into our lives. I made a conscious effort to not think negative thoughts about others. Someone cuts in front of me in traffic, I try to stop myself from getting annoyed with that person and privately cursing them out. When I forget, I forgive myself for being judgmental towards others. I know it might sound silly to some people, but honestly I find that it releases me from holding onto negative energy. We take on slight annoyances and carry them throughout our day. It comes out in our interactions with others. If we release it right when it happens we don't have that baggage to carry.
I did not leave my job on the best of terms. I was hurt and angry because I felt that I had done everything in my power to make it work out. As you know from reading here, I was unhappy for a very long time. So much of what I was required to do sucked the joy out of a career that was all about service and giving back. I was angry for a while but it was exhausting to carry that anger around. I was angry with the world and it was apparent in my energy and how I carried myself. There was an invisible force field surrounding me. It was impacting physically and I had to let it go.
What does The Magic have to do with this, you might be asking? Well, it helped me realize that I was carrying around baggage that I didn't need to carry. Why was I walking around carrying all of my stuff and the people who hurt me? I had to let it go and this book helped me to do it. How? Well, by reminding to live in gratitude. Even though I am going through an extremely rough patch with a lot of unknowns I can navigate it by trusting that Universe has my best interest in mind. All I have to do is express my gratitude. I have a lot to be grateful for. I have had a blessed life. I had a lot of "bad" things happen to me - especially in my childhood. It has a lot to do with why I am the way I am now. It has taken me half my lifetime to sort through the crap that carried over from my childhood. I wish that someone had insisted that I practice gratitude much sooner in life. Maybe they did and I just wasn't hearing it.
How does all of this tie into what's happening now? I think I mentioned that I was stuck. There was obstacles left and right. No matter what direction I would go in I would run into a road block. I would apply for a job and hit a road block. I would apply for an apartment and face another one. After I did the gratitude exercises outline in the book I had two blessings bestowed upon me within 24 hours. You read about this stuff in books, but it really did happen. Some might say that it was going to happen anyway but I believe that if I had been stuck in that negative vortex of blame, shame, and anger that I would have made my situation worse. So, I decided to release the anger that I felt toward those who slighted me and release anything that reminded me of the painful situation. I am purging and starting fresh. Thoughts and actions combined are what create blessings. I still have another need, but I will continue to practice patience and gratitude and my needs and desires will come in due time. I believe it and receive it.

Comments
Post a Comment