The day before the move



The movers are coming tomorrow and I am still not completely packed up. I will have to push myself to get everything packed up tonight then convince the cat to get in her carrier so I can lock her up at the new place before tomorrow. I will set an intention for her to be cooperative and calm.

The last time I posted I went to the new place to clean it before I moved in. It made all the difference in the world! I needed to get my familiar scents and set a positive intention for living there. Whomever lived there before was not the cleanest person and she didn't bother doing a deep clean before moving. Apparently the management company also did not hire a professional cleaner so I had to clean and sanitize every single surface. It smelled an looked better. I finally felt excited about moving.

Yesterday I did more purging then went out to buy the boxes so I can consolidate the crap that I didn't get to put in totes from my job. What complicates this move is the fact that I literally have all of my work crap to move and it is taking up space. If I do not go back to the line of work I was doing by December then I am going to get rid of it and clear my space.

While I was shredding papers from decades ago I realized how far I have come and I know that I don't want to go back there at this point in my life. There is a certain humility to having to scrape by and struggle but I honestly have no desire to be back in the beautiful struggle. I want a happy medium.

I keep telling myself after the move I'm going to do this or I'm going to do that. I do want to go up to New York and work on my personal projects (organizing my photos, etc.) while I am not working. I think I was granted unemployment so even though I am hesitant to accept them I might go ahead and file unemployment since I do want to focus on improving my health and getting my life in order.

It is a lot of work but I  am excited about the future. Today I will finish pack, purging, and cleaning so I am ready when the movers come tomorrow morning. Upward and onward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break