Rebel with a cause

I have always been pegged as a rebel - a maverick. Stubborn, hard-headed...difficult. I prefer adjectives such as determined, independent, and tenacious. I know what I want and I am willing to put all of my time and effort into achieving it. This is why I have never given up on my dreams. I have come across obstacles and had to find some detours to get around them but those detours have always lead me back to what I really want in life. My desire in this life is to create and to create freely. I am most happy when I am living outside of the constraints that society has placed on me.

I just watched a video of a girl who shaved her shoulder length hair off. She talked about how it is considered an act of rebellion against society. I find that I always cut my hair when I feel constrained. I've been thinking about growing my hair back, but I don't think I am ready yet. I think this act of having short hair is a spiritual act. When I am in a toxic environment that energy sticks to everything including my hair. When my hair is short and natural I can wash or rinse my hair daily to release that energy from my being.

“I believe that words are things … I think they stick on the walls, they go into the upholstery, they go into your clothes, and finally, into your very body.” - Dr. Maya Angelou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break