What ever happened to Joy?

Lately, I have been reflecting on the general mood of the society and it is not good. The pure joy that people used to have is gone. At least where I live everyone is simply surviving, but no one is genuinely happy. Perhaps it my geographic location. I have lived in places that lend themselves to restoring a sense of peace in people. Places near or surrounded by oceans are healing. Places that vibrate on a different frequency - either high energy like New York or low energy like a tropical island attract certain people who also vibrate at that frequency. My current location is filled with transplants from the Midwest. The Midwest has a lower frequency and they bring that energy with them rather than tapping into the energy of the place they are moving. They do it through gentrification rather than assimilating into neighborhoods. The conflict and the division creates tension and there is a constant state of dishonesty that creates distrust.

I don't vibe with people out here because I don't operate under pretense. It either is or it isn't. I have gotten better about being flaky. Lisa Nichols tells the story of how saying I'll try is just a polite way of not saying that you really don't want to. You either will do something or you won't. I will keep that in mind. Oprah talks about how growing up as a child in an AA household your opinion wasn't valued and your feelings weren't validated so you learned to stay "out of grown folks business." For her it created a people pleaser personality. For me it created someone who disengaged and withdrew.

I miss being happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break