It's a season of healing

All difficult, challenging, painful experiences and relationships provide us with an opportunity to heal some part of our consciousness. -Iyanla Vanzant

I am in an uncomfortable place in my life. It's as if nothing brings me satisfaction. Being in this place, this frame of mind, this constant state of discomfort has forced me to seek out healing. Here is a timely analogy. I burned my arm the other night. I iced it and thought it was OK. It was for the first couple of days. Then it began to form a blister and the blister popped. Once the blister opened up I could see the full extent of the damage and I realized that it was worse than I thought. I had a second degree burn that didn't manifest itself as such until days later. I treat it and care keep it protected but I am vulnerable to infection and the healing process is painful.

This is how I feel about my spiritual state. I didn't realize how "damaged" I was until I started healing. When I began to deal with issues that I had brushed aside and stored away for years it was like that blister opening up. I realize that I can't move into the next phase of my life without this healing process taking place. It will either kill me or make me stronger.

Life doesn't get easier. There is no escape from the pain. As Solange said in her song "Cranes in the sky" you can't drink it away, sex it away, sleep it away, or work it away. All those things do is prolong the healing process.

I know I am not in a (physical) place that I should be but it is forcing me to face my demons. I can only hope that I wind up on the other side better than I came.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break