Crappy Friends

I stumbled upon this post today and it struck a nerve. Here I was thinking that I was the crappy friend and turns out that I have just been trying to protect myself from my army of crappy friends. Some of these you have witnessed right here on this very blog. Now, the tricky part is how will I find good friends? I seem to attract crappy friends/boyfriends repeatedly. What is a crappy friend?

Try this checklist:
  • Do you feel bad or anxious after you spend time with them?
  • Are you more often than not, arguing with them?
  • Do they put you down in a way that is destructive and not constructive?
  • Do they try to limit your opportunities?
  • Do they try to isolate you from your friends?
  • Do they resent your successes in any way – or try to compete with your successes?
  • Do they not listen to you as much as you listen to them?
  • Do they add drama to your life instead of remove drama? And what is drama? It took me a long time to realize what “drama” meant. Drama is for the theater and not for your life. In a good drama, often the hero dies. Don’t be the hero of a drama.
  • Do you get so busy with their life you forget about your own health, your own creativity, your own ability to change and better the world?
At least I do these http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2015/10/eventual-millionaires/. Hopefully they will eventually pay off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break