So, what's next?
This time of the year I start to think about what's next. In case you haven't noticed, I get antsy every 5 years or so and I think I mentioned this already but I am coming up on my 5 year anniversary in 2018. I can't seem to stay content in this area for more than 4 years though.
Financially I want to be secure. If I stick to my plan I can do it.
Work is going to be the wild card. If I do well on my performance reviews I will looking at a $6K increase in pay over the next few years. Then the next increase will be $8K (unless we get retroactive pay raises which might make those numbers even higher.) However, if things don't work in my favor I am stuck at my current salary and will consider moving on. If I get that pay increase I imagine I would be "stuck" in this area for another 5 or more years. I can't imagine remaining in this field and making the same amount of money elsewhere.
Even if the pendulum swings the opposite way I will have to take a pay cut. I am definitely not miserable, but I do want more. I actually could have more if I get the pay increase. Yet, I could also find it elsewhere even if it doesn't work in my favor. I don't know. I am fine with whatever God decides to do. Where he leads me...
Financially I want to be secure. If I stick to my plan I can do it.
Work is going to be the wild card. If I do well on my performance reviews I will looking at a $6K increase in pay over the next few years. Then the next increase will be $8K (unless we get retroactive pay raises which might make those numbers even higher.) However, if things don't work in my favor I am stuck at my current salary and will consider moving on. If I get that pay increase I imagine I would be "stuck" in this area for another 5 or more years. I can't imagine remaining in this field and making the same amount of money elsewhere.
Even if the pendulum swings the opposite way I will have to take a pay cut. I am definitely not miserable, but I do want more. I actually could have more if I get the pay increase. Yet, I could also find it elsewhere even if it doesn't work in my favor. I don't know. I am fine with whatever God decides to do. Where he leads me...
Comments
Post a Comment