Strawberry Lemonade
What makes strawberry lemonade so delicious? The fact that it is both tart and sweet. That is how my life feels right now. I feel so blessed for all that I have and that is sweet part about it. I am so disappointed in the work aspect of my life and that is the tart part.
Action items/ingredients:
What have I done? I have finally invested in my passion! After all of these years I have started taking my dreams seriously and just purchased new equipment so I can start creating my digital stories. I bought a mac not only because I find it to be the most reliable laptop on the market but also because of it's multimedia capabilities.
While the Rebel was a nice camera it was quickly starting to become a bit outdated. It is large, heavy, and bulky which means that I have to make a special effort to remember to bring it with me. So, as time went on I found myself using it less often.
Enter the sexy new Canon. After researching the best vlogging cameras I found that vloggers that have the best quality videos have one thing in common...the Canon G7X. It is small enough to fit in a pocket and has so many impressive features. But the main feature that sold it was the clarity. The clarity is absolutely brilliant. Definitely professional quality. I didn't want to invest that much money into a camera (after all Big Bertha - the Rebel with a Cause) was gifted to me as was my Pentax years prior.
So really this is my first "big girl" camera that I have bought on my own. I still need to buy a tripod and I will probably invest in an inexpensive lighting kit as well. Finally, I bought an external drive that I will use to store my photos and videos off of my hard drive. I am using the equipment to try to gain influence as a brand ambassador and maybe begin to transition out of my current career (hallelujah!) into social media.
Sometimes suffering set backs can motivate you to try something different. Whenever I reach this point in my career, I usually turn back to what I know and that is writing and social media.
I already feel lighter and hopeful that opportunities will present themselves to free me from the cycle of despair that I am in right now.
On that note, I met with my union rep. today and as expected there really is not much that I can do about my situation other than try to find (yet another) location that is a better fit for me. I already started circulating my resume in the current pool and I still need to update my resume to get it swirling around outside of the current market. In the meantime, it felt good to get that burden off my chest and know that I was imagining that things were as effed up on my job as I thought they were. I can fight it but it will be a losing battle so I need to put my tail between my legs and move on.
In the meantime, I will be creating my content, continuing to develop a brand, and work, work, work, work, work like Rihanna. Oh, and slowly sip strawberry lemonade... through a straw.

Comments
Post a Comment