After every storm comes a rainbow
Man oh man. Let me tell you, last week was a doozy! I started off on Monday having a bad feeling about the week. Sure enough there was some messed up energy floating around. I can't even remember all of the jacked up things that happened but it was confirmed when I witnessed a man get hit by a car. But it also put things into perspective because here I was stressed completely out about work when in an instant my whole life could have changed. In an instant it could have been me lying in the middle of the street with blood pouring out of my head.
I decided to stop the madness at that point and jumped into action helping to stop traffic and divert it to a side street until the ambulance could come and get the victim. I later read that he survived although he was seriously injured. I pray that God blesses him with a full recovery and uses him to bless others with his testimony.
The week started to improve a bit but I was mentally and emotionally drained. I took it easy Saturday morning and spent the afternoon feeding my soul by doing something I haven't done since I left New York. I realized that I had been severely starving my poor soul. I no longer do anything that used to bring me joy and completion. Sunday I stayed home and then I decided to play around with iMovie. I had been trained on it years ago but hadn't used it since. I've been playing around with the video feature on my camera as well and had some footage that I decided to edit. Lo and behold I rediscovered my passion for creating.
My stomach had been unsettled since Saturday so I decided to take today off too. I slept and then decided I wanted to edited some more so I edited another piece. Then started writing. I wrote a couple of blog posts and the ideas just flowed through my head freely. I miss it. I need it. I love what I do for a living, but there are so many challenges that have been thrown in that it leaves me feeling empty and depleted most days. I miss expressing myself. Using the creative part of my brain which stimulates rather than depletes me. I am now feeling more energized and can face the rest of the week even though I am behind and missed a day of work. I needed this day. A mental health day. A day to rediscover who I truly am and what truly brings me joy. There is one letter that separates job from joy. That letter is y. Why am I just being and not living in joy? I guess I will figure that out this summer. At least I hope I do.

Comments
Post a Comment