Weekend Warrior Syndrome
I wish this wonderful weekend didn't have to end. It isn't like I did anything spectacular, but as you know by now I value my personal time and long for more time to reflect and introspect. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I got out both Sunday and Monday (go me!)
The weekend started out by going out to dinner after work with my friend. Wednesday was my birthday and I was mad as hell all day long because I couldn't get the day off. That is a story for another time. I spent Saturday tucked up in the house because as you know I have to have a whole day of doing absolutely nothing at all. Sunday I intended to go one place but wound up in Home Goods. I didn't buy anything because I am on a tight budget right now but if I had the money I would have picked up a few things. I am trying to manifest a windfall of unexpected money.
Yesterday I went on a sort of hiking adventure and discovered a trail I hadn't been on because I was afraid to go into the woods alone. There were a lot of people out there so it was actually quite safe and should anything have happened to me someone would have discovered me. The weather was perfect for trekking through the woods and I didn't overexert myself. I know I had to have burned a decent amount of calories. Now if I can just be more consist about exercising and eating healthy I might actually get this weight off. I hope the weather remains pleasant and the sticky, humid weather this region is known for stays away so I can have more outdoor adventures. I want to be motivated to either walk or get in the gym (and eventually pool!) regularly. I think I am mentally ready to become fit again (I know I've said it before).
I am also debating transferring. I don't think I posted it here yet but Kobe (my boss) is leaving! I had a phone interview that didn't pan out and this weekend I was supposed to get resumes out, but as you see that didn't happen. I also brought a pile of work home that I pulled out of the bag and has sat on the counter all weekend. So, needless to say that my work is piled up and I will probably spend the week playing catch up.
Well, I think I am pretty much caught up here. I have to hit the shower for a short work week which in and of itself can be stressful. Trying to make it stress free and sucka free! Until the next time...
-Bye-
The weekend started out by going out to dinner after work with my friend. Wednesday was my birthday and I was mad as hell all day long because I couldn't get the day off. That is a story for another time. I spent Saturday tucked up in the house because as you know I have to have a whole day of doing absolutely nothing at all. Sunday I intended to go one place but wound up in Home Goods. I didn't buy anything because I am on a tight budget right now but if I had the money I would have picked up a few things. I am trying to manifest a windfall of unexpected money.
Yesterday I went on a sort of hiking adventure and discovered a trail I hadn't been on because I was afraid to go into the woods alone. There were a lot of people out there so it was actually quite safe and should anything have happened to me someone would have discovered me. The weather was perfect for trekking through the woods and I didn't overexert myself. I know I had to have burned a decent amount of calories. Now if I can just be more consist about exercising and eating healthy I might actually get this weight off. I hope the weather remains pleasant and the sticky, humid weather this region is known for stays away so I can have more outdoor adventures. I want to be motivated to either walk or get in the gym (and eventually pool!) regularly. I think I am mentally ready to become fit again (I know I've said it before).
I am also debating transferring. I don't think I posted it here yet but Kobe (my boss) is leaving! I had a phone interview that didn't pan out and this weekend I was supposed to get resumes out, but as you see that didn't happen. I also brought a pile of work home that I pulled out of the bag and has sat on the counter all weekend. So, needless to say that my work is piled up and I will probably spend the week playing catch up.
Well, I think I am pretty much caught up here. I have to hit the shower for a short work week which in and of itself can be stressful. Trying to make it stress free and sucka free! Until the next time...
-Bye-
Comments
Post a Comment