Hostility
I have had this ongoing issue with a coworker all year long and it has pretty much reached a head at this point because I refuse to tolerate her B.S. anymore. So around January after she got "crunk" with me one too many times I stopped speaking to her other than on a professional level. But this little silly broad feels the need to try to disrespect me in meetings. She had one more time before I dealt with her. Well, the stupid heifer reached her limit the other day. We hadn't had a meeting in a while due to a number of circumstances I guess. So the meeting was moving right along when this child decides that she wants to come at me again. So as I'm giving me input she mumbles something and I say, "excuse me?" So without even turning her head in my direction she says "I said I wasn't finished with what I was saying." Mind you this little trick used to intentionally but me off until I stopped speaking to her. So, I said sarcastically (to match her nasty tone) "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were finished. Please, finish what you have to say." Of course she had nothing else to say (which is why her voice trailed off when she was speaking!) If I am one thing, I am a good listener. She was projecting onto me.
So of course the whole energy of the room shifted, but the rest of us who know how to communicate respectfully in a professional manner continued our conversation. The girl is off!
It bothered me all night and into the next morning. The next morning I decided to send an email to the facilitator of the meeting and asked her to in the future establish norms. I told her that I felt unsafe sharing my ideas in meetings because the verbal attacks have been unwarranted. She agreed and I'm sure she passed my message onto higher ups because basically I was documenting what has been a series on abuse/harassment/bullying by a coworker.
This is also someone new to the field and is allowed to make mistakes but refuses to take advice to guide her. She seems to be most agitated by the fact that people are trying to help her. The strange part is that I have done nothing but been helpful and respectful to this little tramp. But if you have been reading for a while you know that I lose all respect for a person after about the 2nd or 3rd incidence of blatant disrespect towards me. They have either tried to humiliate me, ignore me, dismiss me, or bully me for no apparent reason.
So now that I had to stoop to her level to set her straight, I am now going over her head and if it happens again I am going to file a complaint against her. While she has also had a similar incident with another coworker what is happening with me is ongoing. Interestingly enough she also had to be questioned by the cops for a work related allegation. In addition she has already been written up for being disrespectful to the boss. So sad how people set themselves up for failure. I will try to help the underdog until you turn against me. After that, GAME ON! Pray for me that it doesn't escalate beyond this because you already know that if she catches me on the wrong day I might be catching a case.
Resources:
What makes a hostile work environment?
So of course the whole energy of the room shifted, but the rest of us who know how to communicate respectfully in a professional manner continued our conversation. The girl is off!
It bothered me all night and into the next morning. The next morning I decided to send an email to the facilitator of the meeting and asked her to in the future establish norms. I told her that I felt unsafe sharing my ideas in meetings because the verbal attacks have been unwarranted. She agreed and I'm sure she passed my message onto higher ups because basically I was documenting what has been a series on abuse/harassment/bullying by a coworker.
This is also someone new to the field and is allowed to make mistakes but refuses to take advice to guide her. She seems to be most agitated by the fact that people are trying to help her. The strange part is that I have done nothing but been helpful and respectful to this little tramp. But if you have been reading for a while you know that I lose all respect for a person after about the 2nd or 3rd incidence of blatant disrespect towards me. They have either tried to humiliate me, ignore me, dismiss me, or bully me for no apparent reason.
So now that I had to stoop to her level to set her straight, I am now going over her head and if it happens again I am going to file a complaint against her. While she has also had a similar incident with another coworker what is happening with me is ongoing. Interestingly enough she also had to be questioned by the cops for a work related allegation. In addition she has already been written up for being disrespectful to the boss. So sad how people set themselves up for failure. I will try to help the underdog until you turn against me. After that, GAME ON! Pray for me that it doesn't escalate beyond this because you already know that if she catches me on the wrong day I might be catching a case.
Resources:
What makes a hostile work environment?

Comments
Post a Comment