antisocialism

I am not anti-social. I just find that when I am under a lot of stress I like to regroup by spending time alone. This weekend reminded me of how much I miss socializing. I remembered how I used to go to fight parties and how it is a great way to meet men. I thought about how I need to find a meet up group or something to have weekly or biweekly brunches or dinners. I want to connect to other people. I feel like the people that I work with are not a true representation of the type of people who live her. Many of them aren't even from here and on top of it they are not in my age group. The women at work who are in my age group have different lifestyles than the one that lead. They are either still raising kids or have kids in college. It's almost like I have one foot in and one foot out. I don't want to be with someone daily or even weekly. But I do want the option of being around friends so I can get that little boost of energy that comes from connecting with others. I am not anti-social. I just like spending time alone sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break