Best present ever!
Before Freeman passed away he pretty much begged to make a CD for me. At first I turned him down thinking that he would bet the cancer despite the odds, but as he got more ill I relented. A few weeks later a package arrived from Florida with its neat handwriting containing two homemade CDs of music selected by him.
The day I learned he passed I played his CDs in honor of him. I don't play them often because loss is something that is all too familiar to me. Both my mother and brother died within 11 months of each other in the mid 90s, yet I still miss them as if it was only a couple of years ago.
Freeman was one of my favorite boyfriends. I can't deny that at all. He treated me like I was made of glass. Why we broke up I will never understand. We never fought. If I was being difficult he was just laugh and joke until I stopped. I loved him so much. We were so different but he loved me so much and in return I loved him back. Even after we broke up I still loved him. I never stopped loving him.
So when I listen to his CDs I feel him here with me. I imagine that is what he wanted. It is probably the best gift anyone other than my family has ever given me. The gift of having him here with me forever. OMG, I miss you so much, Freeman. Our lives went in different directions, but our hearts seemed to stay the course. I may never marry, but God knows that my love for that man will never die. Thank you for always loving me, baby.

Comments
Post a Comment