Happy MLK Day
Good Morning,
I am up early this morning for several reasons. One is that I went to sleep at a somewhat reasonable time last night. No staying up until the wee hours of the morning even though it is a holiday today. I am so grateful for this extra day off work. It is helping me reflect and rest. Why yes, it has only been a few weeks since I went back to work. But, it feels like it has been a few months. I am on a virtual hamster wheel trying to meet deadlines, implement new initiatives, do my day to day, and stay on top of my household responsibilities. How people with more responsibilities manage, I don't know. I guess you do what you have to do.
I had a reasonably productive weekend. I rested all day Saturday. I have learned that I have to take an entire day of the weekend to simply do nothing because I run ragged during the week. I notice that it has helped me stay healthier and sane. I also have enough energy to then take care of my household items so I am prepared for the work the next week. I used to be so disorganized. Now I start planning out my lunches, meals, outfits, etc. the week before. I want to get to the point where my outfits are all laid out for the week...I think I want a garment rack for that but first I have to finish clearing out my closet...and my meals are prepped ahead of time like I did last year. Cooked, packed, and ready to grab out of the freezer and go. Perhaps I will work on that project today. I cleaned the apartment which I am finding that if I do it on Sunday I will be finished by the time CBS Sunday Morning is over. I then went to the post office to mail a skirt that I flipped on thread flip, then went to WalMart for a couple of things and as usual walked out with a cart full of items. WalMart and Target get you every time although I can usually do better in Target with getting out with just a arm basket of items rather than a shopping cart full.
So my apartment had another problem the other night. My sink fell out! Yes, the entire kitchen sink came loose from the granite. Crazy! The maintenance guy had to come out on his day off to see about it. I felt bad but I don't think it was necessarily my fault. Like, who would imagine a sink would fall out? In any event, I have the granite guy coming today since the maintenance guy can't get it to stay in place.
So that is reason number two that I am up early. Reason number three is that I don't want my body to get used to sleeping in and since I would normally be up I want to be on a somewhat normal schedule. Oh and I needed to feed the cat at her regular time. So yeah, I made coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, about to hit the shower and get dressed so I can do some work from home. I might run to the store for some ingredients to cook with today. I might cook part of my pack of chicken to take for lunch and the other half to go into a chicken soup. I want some cabbage and maybe I will have couscous and Quinoa as sides. It is only a 4 day week and if I can get caught up and possibly ahead today then I will be less stressed out.
The weather was sunny and bright on Saturday, but that was the day I stayed home. Yesterday and today have been grey and wet.
Enjoy your MLK holiday if you have the day off.
Signing off....

Comments
Post a Comment