All good things must eventually come to an end so they say
Well, here I am at the end of my vacation. I am not ready to return to work yet. Mentally I just am not there. It was incredibly rough in 2014 so I am finding it very difficult to find the motivation to go back into the trenches. I feel like my boss declared war on us last year. In her weekly post email she claims she has taken this time to reflect. I honestly hope that the spirit of discernment has allowed her to break free of whatever demons were driving her to make the choices that she made that were so hurtful to those she is charged with supporting and mentoring.
Most of the day is gone. My sleeping pattern is way off. I was so tired yesterday but every time I tried to sleep I would wake up coughing. This strange cough has cropped up so I have been staying in and nursing it. I think it might be from my body finally detoxing. I haven done any kind of formal detox with juicing, fasting, etc. I have simply been cooking with lots of vegetables. I made a crock pot of red beans and a pot of chicken veggie soup. My body is so happy. My lymph nodes were clogged up and I noticed that my massage therapist kept trying to work on the ones under my arms but they were stubborn. With me getting sleep, not be stressed out constantly, eating well, and being able to "eliminate" at will (something that is impossible when I am working!) my body is finally resetting. I am just concerned that as soon as I reenter that toxic environment I will go back to being in chronic pain, constipated, congested, and eating foods that are not good for me. The last few weeks before vacations I noticed that I had been stress eating which is not good. At home I barely have an appetite. Interesting!
I noticed how different my body feels when I cook my own food rather than eating out or eating a lot of processed food. I want to be disciplined enough to continue to be good to my body. I don't want to have to wait until the next vacation to try to recalibrate my body.
I did not get down to the gym - heck - I don't even go down to check mail! Today I did make a list of what I still need to do. Maybe I can cross some of the items off of my list. I think the main thing that I have accomplished while on vacation (other than resting and restoring my body) is finding ways to get more organized. The more organized I am the less stressed I am. I need to go out to buy more organizational baskets for my cabinets. I still need to figure out how I am going to get that walk in closet set up properly. I think I have the bathroom figured out. Youtube is that bomb when it comes to seeing how to organize. There is a woman named Jen who has it on lock! Her videos are long as hell but I always walk away with ideas for how I can corral my stuff.
So yeah, I have spent most of my vacation, sleeping, cleaning, shopping, and watching Youtube. I have to be honest though sometimes I just want to walk away from my job and go back to doing work that is not as stressful. But I like my lifestyle. I really love my new apartment. I finally have enough space and everything that I have wanted for so long. If you go back far enough into my old posts you will see that I have been dreaming of amenities that I now have. I don't want to ever go back to living the way I was living while I was in NYC. I can't believe that I allowed myself to live that way for so long. I think I kept believing that I would eventually be able to have what I have now living there. I see now that it would never happen. I would have been scraping and struggling for another 15 years. If I would have made it that long. I was so sick and tired trying to maintain in that rat race. I am finally content. My mind, body, and spirit are content with what I have.
Once I get my credit score up a few more points I am going to start trying to look into investing in a condo. I don't have any money saved up (well very little) but I think if my credit is in order I will be able to swing it. Tax season is coming up so hopefully I will have enough left over after paying off all of my balances I have incurred during the moving process to put a few dollars into saving. I don't mind renting but I am tired of landlords raising the rent every time the lease is up. With a condo I will be able to find a place that I love and stay there. My only issue is that I also like the fact that when things break as a renter I can just call maintenance to come fix it. As a homeowner you have to take time off work to find a repairman then pay them out of pocket. Stuff like that is stressful to me. Having grown up in a house I know what a pain it is to always have to hire someone for every little thing. Ugh! That is part of the reason why I didn't rent a unit in my friend's condo complex. I would have had to hire someone to fix whatever needed fixing and it looked like the woman who was there before me hadn't done a whole lot since she claimed that she "didn't care enough". I think that I am happier here than I would have been in my friend's building. That unit was really tight. I love have space to move around without bumping into things. And because my place is so nice I really make an effort to keep it up. Plus, it makes me happy to come home to a nice clean, neat home.
I used to wonder how people were able to keep their homes so neat. Now I know. It comes from having a place for everything, being organized, being committed to decluttering and putting things away immediately, and being committed to cleaning up often. Like as soon as you see a mess forming. Like how long does it take to do a quick clean up? I actually did it the other day in about 20 minutes. Also having a schedule of when I water the plants, dust, do the laundry, etc. makes a difference. There other stuff is simply a matter of doing bits and pieces as you go: dishes, bathroom, sweeping. And that little DustBuster gets plenty of action these days. I've had it forever but never used it as much as I should.
OK, daylight is fading. The sun never did make an appearance today. I will try to cross a few items off of my list. This weekend since my household chores are pretty much caught up I can focus on getting my mind right for work. Laying out my clothes, getting my planning in order (I really should have spent my time getting ahead). My goal is to be mindful of my time.
I pray that I am reenergized and ready to return to work motivated and prepared for the months ahead. I pray that I can stay healthy and work with passion until I am able to transfer. Most of all, I pray that my boss finds balance and peace in her own life that is reflected in the work that she does. This is my prayer.
Most of the day is gone. My sleeping pattern is way off. I was so tired yesterday but every time I tried to sleep I would wake up coughing. This strange cough has cropped up so I have been staying in and nursing it. I think it might be from my body finally detoxing. I haven done any kind of formal detox with juicing, fasting, etc. I have simply been cooking with lots of vegetables. I made a crock pot of red beans and a pot of chicken veggie soup. My body is so happy. My lymph nodes were clogged up and I noticed that my massage therapist kept trying to work on the ones under my arms but they were stubborn. With me getting sleep, not be stressed out constantly, eating well, and being able to "eliminate" at will (something that is impossible when I am working!) my body is finally resetting. I am just concerned that as soon as I reenter that toxic environment I will go back to being in chronic pain, constipated, congested, and eating foods that are not good for me. The last few weeks before vacations I noticed that I had been stress eating which is not good. At home I barely have an appetite. Interesting!
I noticed how different my body feels when I cook my own food rather than eating out or eating a lot of processed food. I want to be disciplined enough to continue to be good to my body. I don't want to have to wait until the next vacation to try to recalibrate my body.
I did not get down to the gym - heck - I don't even go down to check mail! Today I did make a list of what I still need to do. Maybe I can cross some of the items off of my list. I think the main thing that I have accomplished while on vacation (other than resting and restoring my body) is finding ways to get more organized. The more organized I am the less stressed I am. I need to go out to buy more organizational baskets for my cabinets. I still need to figure out how I am going to get that walk in closet set up properly. I think I have the bathroom figured out. Youtube is that bomb when it comes to seeing how to organize. There is a woman named Jen who has it on lock! Her videos are long as hell but I always walk away with ideas for how I can corral my stuff.
So yeah, I have spent most of my vacation, sleeping, cleaning, shopping, and watching Youtube. I have to be honest though sometimes I just want to walk away from my job and go back to doing work that is not as stressful. But I like my lifestyle. I really love my new apartment. I finally have enough space and everything that I have wanted for so long. If you go back far enough into my old posts you will see that I have been dreaming of amenities that I now have. I don't want to ever go back to living the way I was living while I was in NYC. I can't believe that I allowed myself to live that way for so long. I think I kept believing that I would eventually be able to have what I have now living there. I see now that it would never happen. I would have been scraping and struggling for another 15 years. If I would have made it that long. I was so sick and tired trying to maintain in that rat race. I am finally content. My mind, body, and spirit are content with what I have.
Once I get my credit score up a few more points I am going to start trying to look into investing in a condo. I don't have any money saved up (well very little) but I think if my credit is in order I will be able to swing it. Tax season is coming up so hopefully I will have enough left over after paying off all of my balances I have incurred during the moving process to put a few dollars into saving. I don't mind renting but I am tired of landlords raising the rent every time the lease is up. With a condo I will be able to find a place that I love and stay there. My only issue is that I also like the fact that when things break as a renter I can just call maintenance to come fix it. As a homeowner you have to take time off work to find a repairman then pay them out of pocket. Stuff like that is stressful to me. Having grown up in a house I know what a pain it is to always have to hire someone for every little thing. Ugh! That is part of the reason why I didn't rent a unit in my friend's condo complex. I would have had to hire someone to fix whatever needed fixing and it looked like the woman who was there before me hadn't done a whole lot since she claimed that she "didn't care enough". I think that I am happier here than I would have been in my friend's building. That unit was really tight. I love have space to move around without bumping into things. And because my place is so nice I really make an effort to keep it up. Plus, it makes me happy to come home to a nice clean, neat home.
I used to wonder how people were able to keep their homes so neat. Now I know. It comes from having a place for everything, being organized, being committed to decluttering and putting things away immediately, and being committed to cleaning up often. Like as soon as you see a mess forming. Like how long does it take to do a quick clean up? I actually did it the other day in about 20 minutes. Also having a schedule of when I water the plants, dust, do the laundry, etc. makes a difference. There other stuff is simply a matter of doing bits and pieces as you go: dishes, bathroom, sweeping. And that little DustBuster gets plenty of action these days. I've had it forever but never used it as much as I should.
OK, daylight is fading. The sun never did make an appearance today. I will try to cross a few items off of my list. This weekend since my household chores are pretty much caught up I can focus on getting my mind right for work. Laying out my clothes, getting my planning in order (I really should have spent my time getting ahead). My goal is to be mindful of my time.
I pray that I am reenergized and ready to return to work motivated and prepared for the months ahead. I pray that I can stay healthy and work with passion until I am able to transfer. Most of all, I pray that my boss finds balance and peace in her own life that is reflected in the work that she does. This is my prayer.

Comments
Post a Comment