Joyful, joyful

I'm still here if anyone cares. This has been such a peaceful Christmas. I have truly been blessed. While the last half of 2014 has been challenging I have remained faithful and grateful for the blessing that have been bestowed upon me.

I miss those who are no longer here and the holidays really didn't feel very festive this year. Everyone was so wrapped up in their own wants. The stores did not seem to have any good deals at all. People typically smiles and wishes you a happy holiday. Nope. Not this year. I think that we are really in trouble right now. The world is suffering.  I try to disengage myself from it by not watching TV, limiting social media (namely Facebook and Twitter), listening mainly to the gospel music station on the radio. Yet, it seeps through.  How can you not be affected by the murder and mayhem that is dominating our lives right now?

I guess this is why I like to stay home and try to make my home my haven. I want it to be calming and comfortable. My home right now makes me very happy. I haven't hung anything on the walls yet - it typically takes me a while to reach the point where I want to do that and I am still trying to figure out my color scheme.

I need to go to IKEA and poke around there. I dread doing it around the holidays though because IKEA can be very overwhelming. I am still trying to figure out how to organize my closet space which is now stacked with boxes and bins.

I also need to write thank you notes for my Christmas gifts and work on a vision board for 2015.  So far many of my hopes and dreams have come to pass and I need to set new goals. Set my sights higher and ask God to continue to increase my territory. The work that I do is not for me but for HIM.  How can I be of service in way that is honorable to HIM? This is my motivation. Knowing that I touch lives. How can I do more? Can I impact more lives?  This is the big question for 2015.

As I reflect on my years of misery in NY, I wonder why?  Why did I allow myself to suffer so long?  I think it would have taken my life had I stayed. Either I would have been deathly sick (which I had been more frequently) or killed. Or depressed. I think about the days and weeks that I spend holed up in my dark bedroom suffering from depression. Hopeless at times. My life a mess. My apartment a mess. Broke. Defeated. Unappreciated. God turned it all around though. I will never understand how someone could not believe that God is on our side. As much as I have suffered and lost in my life, God has restored me. He has shown me that matter and what I do matters. He has blessed me and rewarded me for my faithfulness. I love the Lord and while I am not perfect I am striving to be more pleasing in HIS eyes. God's love keeps me focused on what is working in my life instead of what is not working. God has truly blessed me in 2013 and 2014. For that I am forever grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break