How did we get here?
Lordy, it is the last day of the year! How did we get here? Where has my time off gone? I have barely accomplished anything. Oh well, maybe I will be more productive in 2015.
I really wish I had a couple more weeks off. I go so hard during the year until I find myself just not wanting any schedules, responsibility, commitments or forced interaction when I have time off from work.
I had been holed up in the apartment since Christmas Eve. I ventured out yesterday to go to the store. I tell ya, folks did damage to that poor Trader Joe's! They barely had anything left on the shelves. And they can't blame it on the weather because the weather has been relatively mild. Actually now that I think about it I did venture out the other night. Walked up to the main drag and got a salad to go. I need to go out again today before the stores close. I really want a nap though because I got up and started cleaning up for the new year. You know the old tradition, everything clean and fresh for the new year. So I am doing laundry, cleaning the floors, bathroom, and kitchen.
So I bought a new comforter but it has been sitting around because I wasn't ready to put it on the bed. I figured I would put it on the bed for the new year so washing the sheets, blankets, etc. Got fresh pillows. Also got new undies! Wooo hooo! Don't know why they are so expensive these days. I saw Patricia Bright said that she regularly starts fresh with the knickers. TMI~
I colored my hair but I still don't love it so I will probably get it braided. Just too lazy to go up to NY to my girl I used to go to and it is so expensive down here. I need to go to Sally to try a product that was recommended by a natural hair blogger.
I also need to get my cooking started. Been dragging my feet and it doesn't help that the stores have been out of my main ingredients.
Plans for New Year's Eve: I will make up my bed in the pretty new comforter and sheets, find a bottle of mid-price champagne or prosecco, light a candle, put on some smooth jazz, and have a spa night in the bathtub! Turn up for what??? If I can't get it today I want to get a mani-pedi and eyebrow wax. Gotta keep the brows in check with the short hair!
Have a wonderful and safe start to the new year! See you on the other side!
~Peace~
I really wish I had a couple more weeks off. I go so hard during the year until I find myself just not wanting any schedules, responsibility, commitments or forced interaction when I have time off from work.
I had been holed up in the apartment since Christmas Eve. I ventured out yesterday to go to the store. I tell ya, folks did damage to that poor Trader Joe's! They barely had anything left on the shelves. And they can't blame it on the weather because the weather has been relatively mild. Actually now that I think about it I did venture out the other night. Walked up to the main drag and got a salad to go. I need to go out again today before the stores close. I really want a nap though because I got up and started cleaning up for the new year. You know the old tradition, everything clean and fresh for the new year. So I am doing laundry, cleaning the floors, bathroom, and kitchen.
So I bought a new comforter but it has been sitting around because I wasn't ready to put it on the bed. I figured I would put it on the bed for the new year so washing the sheets, blankets, etc. Got fresh pillows. Also got new undies! Wooo hooo! Don't know why they are so expensive these days. I saw Patricia Bright said that she regularly starts fresh with the knickers. TMI~
I colored my hair but I still don't love it so I will probably get it braided. Just too lazy to go up to NY to my girl I used to go to and it is so expensive down here. I need to go to Sally to try a product that was recommended by a natural hair blogger.
I also need to get my cooking started. Been dragging my feet and it doesn't help that the stores have been out of my main ingredients.
Plans for New Year's Eve: I will make up my bed in the pretty new comforter and sheets, find a bottle of mid-price champagne or prosecco, light a candle, put on some smooth jazz, and have a spa night in the bathtub! Turn up for what??? If I can't get it today I want to get a mani-pedi and eyebrow wax. Gotta keep the brows in check with the short hair!
Have a wonderful and safe start to the new year! See you on the other side!
~Peace~

Comments
Post a Comment