Moving house
Well, I spent yesterday clearing out my closet and I have two bags of clothes to donate to the big dumpster thingy in front of my job, another pile that I would like to donate to a place that helps woman who need work attire and because I have been switching out my clothes seasonally I don't have a lot of clothes to throw away! Yay! My closet is bare so I ordered more clothes online for winter. In spring and summer I will need to replenish my wardrobe again. I don't want to be bogged down with things like clothes and papers which I seem to keep around for way too long. I have a plastic tub full of clothes that I am keeping for sentimental reasons. Eventually I will have to part way with them as well. The intention was to tackle these boxes that never got unpacked, but I might need to do a box a day next week. I will clean out my drawers and probably donate more tee shirts (how do they accumulate so fast?) and my coat closet that has a bunch of shoes that I never wear. Even though I will have much more closet space in the new apartment I do not want it cluttered with stuff that I don't wear. I would rather have a closet of clothes that excite me at the thought of wearing them. When I overhauled my closet last time I loved everything in my closet. I also spent hours yesterday trying to sell a bunch of clothes that I didn't return before the stores stopped accepting returns. Some stores would only accept returns before 21 days and others 30 days. I intended to return the clothes if they didn't work out when I bought them but never got around to doing it. Now I am stuck with about $200 worth of clothes that either don't fit or don't look right. I tried listing them on a site where you can sell your clothes and get a percentage of the profit but so far no sales. It was pretty time consuming because I had to find an image of the clothes upload, write a description, enter the price, etc. Some of the places only accepted high end stores and refused to sell from mid-price stores. I could see if it is from Forever 21 because the clothes are trendy and tend to be so low originally that it isn't worth trying to sell them. But there are mid-price stores where the clothes and shoes are $85-$50 so I'm not sure why you can't sell those clothes, especially if they are brand new with the tags still attached.
Today I spent the morning paying bills and changing my address. It definitely took much longer than I anticipated and I still wasn't able to do it online for my gas, electric, and driver license. As for packing up, Perhaps I am being overly optimistic, but I think I am in a good place. Of course I always tend to underestimate what I have to do and I wind up being overwhelmed the night before the move. I have pretty much been clearing things out as I clean house because I know the move is around the corner. Also, the fact that A. I have only lived here for a year and some change. B. My place is so small that I am not really cluttering it up anyway. And C. I have been obsessed with organizational tools like baskets and clear plastic containers will make the move easier. I wish I had access to the new place now so I could start moving things in there early, but the building only allows tenants to have one set of keys at a time. Boo!
I do need to get out today even though the day is pretty much gone because this week ahead is going to be yet another busy week. I am exactly two weeks away from the move so I will just keep plugging away. I will also have about 5 days off before the move to get everything in order so that was a good move on my part to plan to move during the holiday weekend. Knowing that, I will probably just hold off on the boxes until next week and focus on getting my work completed this week.

Comments
Post a Comment