Howl
It is cold and blustery outside today. I am spending the day indoors with the heat on finally taking care of long overdue chores in my apartment. I feel good about the week ahead. The "post" from my boss actually looks likes she is providing us time to do what needs to be done this week so maybe there is hope that I can finally get caught up! She has been extending herself to what she calls "open dialogue forums" and I guess she is hearing the same feedback from everyone. Maybe she is finally listening to others and maybe we will finally have some peace in our lives - at least until the end of year since I know she will get wound up again at the beginning of the new year. One can only hope to have some breathing room.
I don't know if it is the extra hour or just the fact that I am allowing myself to not overextend myself but I am feeling quite productive today. I am headachy, but perhaps it is the weather. I also went out yesterday underdressed. I really didn't anticipate it being as cold and damp as it was. Once I got home from having brunch with my friend, I curled up in the bed and just relaxed for the rest of the day and evening. Today I will not even attempt to leave the house as the wind is howling relentlessly. At least the sun is shining today, but it isn't providing any warmth. My neck is tight and I need another massage. I will probably wind up going to my other massage place some time during the week. I will also take care of my errands that I didn't get to this weekend after work.
Today I will just focus on doing work and cleaning my apartment for the week ahead. I need to start purging too for the upcoming move. I already reserved the elevator and now need to do my change of address and transfer of utilities. moving can be such a hassle, but I won't have to do it again for another year and half. Maybe by then I will have a better idea of where I would like to live. I do like the convenience of this place but I know the rent will increase again once my lease expires and I really need to reach my end of the year score of 300 to get my next step increase. Having my salary frozen would be a drag. I really want to start saving money again, pay off my bills, and I need to get my car repaired before the weather gets too bad.
I do want to go out to get what I need for the week, but I really don't want to freeze! Maybe if I go places with indoor parking garages. I will see later. Right now I need to finish my laundry and cleaning up. I also need to email this work to my boss before tomorrow. It was due Friday afternoon. Another ding. I already know I am losing points for not meeting deadlines. Hopefully my other points like committee work and getting to work on time will balance it all out. Really hoping that this time change doesn't mess up my sleep pattern. I need to start getting up out of my bed by 5:45 again. I probably will if for no other reason than to meditate as part of the new Oprah and Deepak series.
So glad that I went for that walk last weekend while the weather was beautiful! No regrets there at all! In general I am feeling good emotionally. Not really sure why, but I am just going to enjoy it.
Namaste.
I don't know if it is the extra hour or just the fact that I am allowing myself to not overextend myself but I am feeling quite productive today. I am headachy, but perhaps it is the weather. I also went out yesterday underdressed. I really didn't anticipate it being as cold and damp as it was. Once I got home from having brunch with my friend, I curled up in the bed and just relaxed for the rest of the day and evening. Today I will not even attempt to leave the house as the wind is howling relentlessly. At least the sun is shining today, but it isn't providing any warmth. My neck is tight and I need another massage. I will probably wind up going to my other massage place some time during the week. I will also take care of my errands that I didn't get to this weekend after work.
Today I will just focus on doing work and cleaning my apartment for the week ahead. I need to start purging too for the upcoming move. I already reserved the elevator and now need to do my change of address and transfer of utilities. moving can be such a hassle, but I won't have to do it again for another year and half. Maybe by then I will have a better idea of where I would like to live. I do like the convenience of this place but I know the rent will increase again once my lease expires and I really need to reach my end of the year score of 300 to get my next step increase. Having my salary frozen would be a drag. I really want to start saving money again, pay off my bills, and I need to get my car repaired before the weather gets too bad.
I do want to go out to get what I need for the week, but I really don't want to freeze! Maybe if I go places with indoor parking garages. I will see later. Right now I need to finish my laundry and cleaning up. I also need to email this work to my boss before tomorrow. It was due Friday afternoon. Another ding. I already know I am losing points for not meeting deadlines. Hopefully my other points like committee work and getting to work on time will balance it all out. Really hoping that this time change doesn't mess up my sleep pattern. I need to start getting up out of my bed by 5:45 again. I probably will if for no other reason than to meditate as part of the new Oprah and Deepak series.
So glad that I went for that walk last weekend while the weather was beautiful! No regrets there at all! In general I am feeling good emotionally. Not really sure why, but I am just going to enjoy it.
Namaste.
Comments
Post a Comment