Random Ramblings 100914


  • Other people are noticing that my boss is bit off too. One of my coworkers wondered aloud if she be in the midst of a nervous breakdown. She has had a major life change with getting married and moving into her new husbands house. Major loss of control of her life there. 
  • Just left the dentist for my second cleaning. Making some progress with getting my teeth back to optimal health but need to be more consistent with flossing. 
  • I need to get my wisdom teeth extracted. Ugh!
  • I really like my new dentist. I seem to get the cutest dentists...must be a requirement of dental school to be super cute!
  • Walking down the hall today I noticed how my neighbors are so lax about leaving stuff outside the door in the hall (which is against the rules by the way).  One neighbor has pumpkins, another keeps shoes out there, and others always toss their umbrella there after it rains. The thought crossed my mind that if I was still in Harlem that would not be the case. They would have no sneakers, the pumpkins would have thrown off the roof and smashed or something, and the umbrellas (not the cheap $5 people buy in New York!) would always be missing. 
  • Had Nando's Peri-Peri for dinner tonight. It is right across from my dentist. Sooooo good! I learned about it from my international Youtubers that I follow in the UK and Australia. They always rave about it and when I realized that we have them here I gave it try and fell in love. 
  • I think I might be able to enjoy this long weekend! Woo hoo! Crossed a bunch of things off my list this week but still have a few outstanding items due to my boss.
  • Realized that I hadn't taken any pictures with my Canon since I returned from NOLA! Plan to charge up the camera this weekend and go in search of the signs of autumn. Still relatively warm here but the mornings and evenings are getting cool. I sleep with my heat on, but that is just me. I grew up sleeping with the heat on because our temps at home are like the fall temps here year round.
  • As I was driving home tonight I realized how much I love this city and how comfortable I am living here. When I lived here before I also had a very comfortable lifestyle.  I love the change of seasons, the lifestyle that is cross between urban and suburban, the culture, and the fact that is close enough to major cities like Philly and New York. In some ways it often reminds me of home. I think I want to stay here for a while.
  • I started an application for a Fulbright scholarship because it will allow me to travel to some of the countries where I have wanted to visit and still get paid. Debating if this the route I want to go which will require that complete research during my visit or if I just want to travel leisurely. Leaning towards leisurely travel. I want to enjoy my time abroad. 
  • Still obsessed with Korea. 
  • Talenti Gelato. That is all!
  • I think I might start dating again soon. Been seeing some really handsome men lately.
  • Think I have an ingrown toenail. Might need to seek out a podiatrist. Need a good nail place. My regular places don't do a good enough job on my feet. I miss my New York nail salons and massage spots. 
  • Speaking of massage, my massage therapist is so in tuned to my body now that she knows right  where to go to work out the kinks and open up my Qi. I swear after my last massage my Qi must have opened up because all of the stagnation disappeared and suddenly I was so productive!
  • My boss went singing to herself this afternoon "too many fish to fry!"  We all looked at each other. 
  • The girl who now has my old assistant has the same complaints about her that I did. So it wasn't just me, it really is her! 
  • My cat chewed through my apple charger. Those things are $80. I will have to replace it eventually, but right now my money is a little funny so I will have to make do for now.
  • On that note I am down to 8% battery life and need to get off now to charge up with the chewed up charger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break