Lurkers

I just deleted a bunch of folk from my FB page. It suddenly occurred to me that I only hear from a small percentage of the people who are supposedly my friends. Many, if not all, are friends in real life. Yet if we don't have any type of exchange - a like here, a how are you doing there, a comment every now and then - what is the point?  So you can see what I am up to yet never say anything?  It makes me wonder if there are people who are waiting for me crash and burn and they want to be there to witness it. There are people who request to be my friend and won't even post an annual happy birthday message. Are you just being nosy?  Trying to see what I have been up to? Trying to compare your life to mine?  What? So, I cut them loose. I have more folks that I need to cut loose as well but I tend to do it a bit at a time. Before it is all over I will be down to 10 friends and some of them will be family members who I also need to cut off since they also don't interact or even call me to see how I am doing. There are people who I know truly care about me and those are the people who should be privy to my life. How sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break