Just one them days....

I have been working all week except for Tuesday when it was storming and I didn't feel well. I have been preparing my new space. Getting organized which I wasn't last year admittedly. It is a luxury to have enough space to do all the things that I want to do. I am just getting my thoughts together and browsing pinterest for ideas about how make my life easier, especially not having an assistant.

I figure that if I start out organized it will just be a matter of maintaining it. We'll see how that goes.

So this post will be pretty random...an assorted collection of thoughts that I need to get out of my head.

Today is the kind of day where I would love to stay inside all day and relax. However I have so many things to do to prepare for the busy week ahead. I will be in meeting and trainings all of next week and then next Monday our official first day will be here!

I will probably be in a vortex until Christmas. In the midst of it all I will need to organize my move. I am debating just biting the bullet and extending my lease one more time. If one of the places that I have in mind offers me a great deal though I am out of here. I depleted half of my savings with the trip down south and buying items for my apartment. I haven't been clothes shopping and we will see how the clothes that I have pushed to the back of the closet hold up for fall. The weather has been unseasonable cool to the point of feeling like I need a sweater in the evenings. Very strange.

I feel very positive about my second year. I am quickly approaching my one year anniversary of living here. It has been an amazing year filled with ups and downs. Highs and lows. Yet, still so much better than the life I was living before.

I may not have mentioned it before but I decided to give up drinking in honor of my Free. By him being a recovering addict I can honor his memory by staying sober. I have been doing well so far. No beer, wine, nothing. I think it will have a good impact on my overall health (and possibly well-being) as well.  Whereas in the past when I dealt with grief I would drink something to try to make me feel better I realize now that it just prolonged the pain. I would bury it and each time it would arise I was try to drink it away again. This time I did not and I think I was able to grieve in a way that was healthier and didn't prolong the hurt. The true challenge will came when I return to work and I am tired and stressed out. Or when people gather to go out for drinks after work (if I am invited). But so far so good. I have not been craving anything and I stick to my non-alcoholic drinks. I think I have been having too many sweetened drinks, but I can curb that by switching to tea or carbonated water.

Today I need to get my hair colored - gotta wash those grays away! My hair is so dirty. I will get back on a regular schedule of getting it done every other week when I return to work. Really have been conscious of my spending with the pending move and all. The move in costs are ridiculous!  I really need to get myself into position to buy a condo. If only my restless arse can stay in one place. I think I will stay here for a while though. I have always liked this part of the country. It suits my lifestyle.

My neck is tight so I need a massage and I need to hit up Target and Trader Joes. So late start which means I will probably not be back home before dark. I still have laundry to do and really should have put it in the washer this morning, but it took me a while to finally get enough energy to move around. Like I said, today really should be a day of relaxing.

So, I am running out of battery on my lap top and I need to head out to check off my tasks for the day.

Posting might be a bit spotty since I am in the throws of work now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break