Get your mind right
I am trying to get my mind right, but I am having trouble meditating and getting quiet this morning. My thoughts are scattered all over the place and I just need to sit quietly to collect them, but can't. As I was trying to meditate a thought came to mind. When I moved into a smaller space I had to get rid of whatever did not serve a purpose. In the past I would hang onto things that were damaged or ruined. I don't have room for that in my life anymore. If it isn't serving a purpose I don't have space for it. I guess I am the same way emotionally. I have been so cluttered with so much junk that I need to make room only for what is going to serve me. I cleared out my Facebook again. I am down to a few people and I can actually make a deeper cut. If you don't provide some type of support then you are not providing a service in my life. It may sound selfish but think of it this way, people should bring you one of several things that nurture you and help you grow: love, joy, support/understanding, knowledge/resources, or opportunity. If there is not an exchange of communication between us. If you don't check in to say hey I miss you, or if you don't even provide useful information on your page then what purpose are you serving in my life? So this is where I am right now. I am making space for new energy in my life. I am manifesting friendship. I want to send out the vibe that I am open, but perhaps I have been shut down for so long that it doesn't come across. I can't remember the last time I made a new friend. I mean a real friend who likes to do things and spend time together. One of my old friends came to visit and we met up for dinner. It was so refreshing to have someone to laugh and chat with. I haven't had that connection in so long and I miss it. So, I have to tap into myself to see what it is about me that drives people away from me instead of toward me. I am protective of my energy, aloof when I shut down, and extremely focused. Yet so are other people. So what is the barrier that separates me from others? This is what I am trying to discover.
I definitely understand getting rid of things that don't serve a purpose. Every time I find myself cleaning stuff out I wonder why I held on to some things for so long.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I do it I always have new opportunities arise. It is like the Universe was waiting for me to clear that space in my life. I am going to move again so that will afford me the opportunity to clear out more stuff. I like living an unencumbered life.
Delete