Bubble wrap
I had a rough day today. Actually they have been happening more often recently. Perhaps the planets are out of alignment or I could be out of alignment. I feel like I've spend my summer trying to reconnect to my loving side. Yet, as soon as I returned to work I felt the negative energy from certain individuals strongly. I don't know what brings out that reaction. I just try to be me.
So today was the worst I have felt in a while. I was frustrated beyond words. My throat closed up and hot tears welled up. I tried to identify what could have brought this emotional response on. I had a frustrating day trying to travel across town to two different trainings where people just drone on for hours. I hate it! I think I now see how I was as a kid. I cannot maintain my attention for extended periods of time unless I am interested in what is being said. There were crazy parking situations in both locations. Then a group of women sat near me who talked and criticized everything. By the time I left I had absorbed so much negativity that I couldn't contain it anymore.
I looked up why I am so sensitive to other's energy and I remembered that I am an Empath. All of the sad news has an impact too. This explains how to tell if you are an empath. I need to create a protective bubble around me.
So I came home, cleaned up a bit, lit candles, made a cup of tea and soup (my comforts!) and relaxed. I know healthy ways to deal with frustration and exhaustion. I just found it easier to pour a drink. It doesn't help anyway but my tea and meditation does. Taking a warm shower or bath does. Crawling into my bed and crying does. So I did those instead.
So today was the worst I have felt in a while. I was frustrated beyond words. My throat closed up and hot tears welled up. I tried to identify what could have brought this emotional response on. I had a frustrating day trying to travel across town to two different trainings where people just drone on for hours. I hate it! I think I now see how I was as a kid. I cannot maintain my attention for extended periods of time unless I am interested in what is being said. There were crazy parking situations in both locations. Then a group of women sat near me who talked and criticized everything. By the time I left I had absorbed so much negativity that I couldn't contain it anymore.
I looked up why I am so sensitive to other's energy and I remembered that I am an Empath. All of the sad news has an impact too. This explains how to tell if you are an empath. I need to create a protective bubble around me.
So I came home, cleaned up a bit, lit candles, made a cup of tea and soup (my comforts!) and relaxed. I know healthy ways to deal with frustration and exhaustion. I just found it easier to pour a drink. It doesn't help anyway but my tea and meditation does. Taking a warm shower or bath does. Crawling into my bed and crying does. So I did those instead.

Comments
Post a Comment