Back in vacation mode
Man oh man. I have been busy! Talk about making the most out of the glorious summer months...
First I went on a week long trip to visit relatives with my aunt. We ran from the time we woke up until well after the sun went day every.single.day of the trip. There were a few snafus and we had some emotional triggers along the way, but all in all it was a great trip. I don't plan to do it again anytime soon, but it was a great trip.
I do want to get back down there to visit with a friend from NYC who lives down there. Because my family was around we really didn't get to hang out. I hope to make that happen perhaps for Christmas break when the weather will hopefully be cooler or at least less muggy. I have a picture with my aunt where we are both melting from the heat and humidity. You can't be cute be down there!
Honestly, if people knew how truly dysfunctional my family is they would understand why I am they way I am. One interaction took me back to my childhood and it shook me to my core.
I came back, unpacked and a week later was back on a plane for a conference. Never again will I agree to a week long conference that is not a 4 star hotel. When the plane landed back here I was practically skipping with joy. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It wasn't that it was a horrible trip, but it took us out of our comfort zone so much that it was disconcerting. One colleague said she suffered culture shock. I was ready to be done after 3 days.
Funny think is that I saw my first assistant there. I'm not sure if I wrote about it here or not, but she and I did not like each when we worked together. We were friendly and put the past behind us since we are both no longer working in the same place. I left last year and she left this year. She said 16 people left. There are only about 20 people who work there so basically a whole new staff will need to hired. It's for the best though. They have a new leader, a new name, so a new staff will make the transition complete. I don't care. I don't miss that place one bit. I can't believe I degraded myself for so long by staying there. I am so glad that I found the courage to walk away. This year has been amazing despite my difficulties and disappointments, but I am no longer stagnant and I am living. There I was just a shell of myself. When I look at my pictures of myself I have a sparkle in my eyes now. I am so blessed and I can't thank God enough for giving me the wisdom, the courage, and the ability to break free of a life that was literally killing me.
I feel respected and appreciated on this job. I never felt that way on my old job. I really hope that I can push myself to become better so I will be able to move forward. I made contact with a number of people who have the power to help me grow and I hope I didn't make a bad impression. I really have to learn the art of keeping my mouth shut about certain things before knowing who I am talking to...I've put my foot in my mouth before so you would think I would know.
Anyway, I am happy to be back home and I think I am going to just relax this week then get my head back into work mode. I also really need to find a new place to live. I really do like living here but considering all of the problems I've had and the fact that the rent will be ridiculous if I renew my lease I have to move. I hate moving. I hope the next place is as convenient as this one, but more affordable. I could stay here forever if it wasn't for the issues.
Oh, and I broke down and bought a brand new MAC. I am back to team MAC. I love it! I want to use it to organize my photos and practice editing videos. There are a couple of art exhibitions accepting submissions and if i can get my photos together I might submit them. This week I will focus on emptying the rest of these boxes that have been sitting in my living room for a year and organizing my photos. I also have some paperwork to fill out, including submitting credits so I can get a pay raise. I really need it right now with this rent increase, storage increase, and my student loan payments. I also bought the new computer on credit and even though interest is deferred I want to pay it off as soon as possible. There downside to getting the computer on credit was that my credit score dipped, but hopefully I can build it back up. I really did need a new computer because the one that my friend lent me when I first moved here is on the verge of dying a slow death and it is too big and bulky to carry anywhere. This baby is lightening fast and will make my life so much easier. It was an investment.
Well, I am going to maybe get a light breakfast and perhaps go for a walk now that my legs have rested from all of the walking I did last week. I think I am going to really focus on fitness and getting in shape for the next couple of months. My eyes have been opened to how far I have let myself go over the past few years. I still love myself and I am still beautiful but I need to be in shape and I need to get this extra poundage off.
First I went on a week long trip to visit relatives with my aunt. We ran from the time we woke up until well after the sun went day every.single.day of the trip. There were a few snafus and we had some emotional triggers along the way, but all in all it was a great trip. I don't plan to do it again anytime soon, but it was a great trip.
I do want to get back down there to visit with a friend from NYC who lives down there. Because my family was around we really didn't get to hang out. I hope to make that happen perhaps for Christmas break when the weather will hopefully be cooler or at least less muggy. I have a picture with my aunt where we are both melting from the heat and humidity. You can't be cute be down there!
Honestly, if people knew how truly dysfunctional my family is they would understand why I am they way I am. One interaction took me back to my childhood and it shook me to my core.
I came back, unpacked and a week later was back on a plane for a conference. Never again will I agree to a week long conference that is not a 4 star hotel. When the plane landed back here I was practically skipping with joy. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. It wasn't that it was a horrible trip, but it took us out of our comfort zone so much that it was disconcerting. One colleague said she suffered culture shock. I was ready to be done after 3 days.
Funny think is that I saw my first assistant there. I'm not sure if I wrote about it here or not, but she and I did not like each when we worked together. We were friendly and put the past behind us since we are both no longer working in the same place. I left last year and she left this year. She said 16 people left. There are only about 20 people who work there so basically a whole new staff will need to hired. It's for the best though. They have a new leader, a new name, so a new staff will make the transition complete. I don't care. I don't miss that place one bit. I can't believe I degraded myself for so long by staying there. I am so glad that I found the courage to walk away. This year has been amazing despite my difficulties and disappointments, but I am no longer stagnant and I am living. There I was just a shell of myself. When I look at my pictures of myself I have a sparkle in my eyes now. I am so blessed and I can't thank God enough for giving me the wisdom, the courage, and the ability to break free of a life that was literally killing me.
I feel respected and appreciated on this job. I never felt that way on my old job. I really hope that I can push myself to become better so I will be able to move forward. I made contact with a number of people who have the power to help me grow and I hope I didn't make a bad impression. I really have to learn the art of keeping my mouth shut about certain things before knowing who I am talking to...I've put my foot in my mouth before so you would think I would know.
Anyway, I am happy to be back home and I think I am going to just relax this week then get my head back into work mode. I also really need to find a new place to live. I really do like living here but considering all of the problems I've had and the fact that the rent will be ridiculous if I renew my lease I have to move. I hate moving. I hope the next place is as convenient as this one, but more affordable. I could stay here forever if it wasn't for the issues.
Oh, and I broke down and bought a brand new MAC. I am back to team MAC. I love it! I want to use it to organize my photos and practice editing videos. There are a couple of art exhibitions accepting submissions and if i can get my photos together I might submit them. This week I will focus on emptying the rest of these boxes that have been sitting in my living room for a year and organizing my photos. I also have some paperwork to fill out, including submitting credits so I can get a pay raise. I really need it right now with this rent increase, storage increase, and my student loan payments. I also bought the new computer on credit and even though interest is deferred I want to pay it off as soon as possible. There downside to getting the computer on credit was that my credit score dipped, but hopefully I can build it back up. I really did need a new computer because the one that my friend lent me when I first moved here is on the verge of dying a slow death and it is too big and bulky to carry anywhere. This baby is lightening fast and will make my life so much easier. It was an investment.
Well, I am going to maybe get a light breakfast and perhaps go for a walk now that my legs have rested from all of the walking I did last week. I think I am going to really focus on fitness and getting in shape for the next couple of months. My eyes have been opened to how far I have let myself go over the past few years. I still love myself and I am still beautiful but I need to be in shape and I need to get this extra poundage off.
Comments
Post a Comment