Summer is almost here

...and boy am I ready for the freedom that summer offers. I don't look forward to excessive heat and humidity, but in all fairness this spring has been a true spring despite the harsh winter we had. Hoping the humidity remains at bay. The heat in and of itself is tolerable.

I wish I could work with people who are easy to work with. This chick I work with is just the worst drama queen I have ever encountered. It is as if she has decided that her life will be miserable and she will do everything in her power to stay miserable. I know that a lot of what I see in her is a reflection of me, but I hope it is the old me and not who I have evolved into over years of self-sabotaging myself.

And it seems the more successful I (or anyone except her friends) are at reaching goals, the more sour she becomes. She complains about every.thing. Oh boy is she vindictive! Yet, her life is stagnant. And people at work indulge her. If I wasn't so busy focusing on my own success, then it would be more than a small annoyance. If she was open I would try to help her overcome her obstacles, but she knows every damn thing so I only interact with her on a professional level. Yet, she is so unprofessional. She freezes me out, stops speaking, takes long lunches, wants to only do what she wants to do, complains when she has a task that she thinks is beneath her. Yet, she is not willing to put in the work to rise up. Still, she wants all the privileges. All of the people she sees passing her by have put in the time, effort, and energy that she feels she is too good for. I think she is living in fear and is trapped there.

It is like she comes to work to socialize and if she can't sit up and run her mouth and gossip all day then she is unhappy. So of course she is miserable with me, because that is not how I operate. Only two more weeks of working with her. Every time it seems like we have a breakthrough and are connecting she pulls back and shuts down. Again, I can see how she is mirror, because I am like that too. But, she is an exaggerated version of the worst part of me. And one thing about me is that I am motivated and driven to reach new heights when I am unhappy. She doesn't seem to have that in her. She is super smart, talented, and has the gift of gab, but misuses her gifts.

In any event, we will march on and then I will just have to try to do it all myself and she will probably completely ignore me once she goes back to her comfort zone. Shrugs. I will continue to grow and set high standards for myself.

Well, I think I just needed to vent. Hopefully once I am done with work deadlines I will feel like writing more. I start classes again next week. Just one class, but three days a week, partially online. Hope I do better this go around.

Later-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break