Four more days

I will be taking my first "real" trip in years this weekend. I haven't been on an airplane since I left Cali. How many years has that been?  This trip will be to see relatives. My mom's eldest sister is in her 80s. Since I don't get down there often and she doesn't travel who knows when I will see her again? It will be weird because I haven't seen her since either my mom or my aunt died. It has been a very long time.

I am hoping that my cousin isn't around. He molested me when I was little and that could be quite awkward and resurface all kinds of stuff in me.

We are also going to visit two gravesites: Where my aunt, grandma, and greats are buried in the family plot and where my mom and uncle are buried in the V.A. cemetery. I have never visited either of their gravesites so I don't know how I will react.

We are also going to try to visit my great grandma's house. She was a sharecropper so we have to get permission to go on the property.

We will also be spending some time with my cousins who are closer to my age, but who are so funny toward the California part of the family. I will try to play nice.

So, I need to start packing and cleaning my apartment. I will be back home for a week before heading out again to a work related conference. I want to take a trip to the Caribbean as well this summer or sometime this year. Then I will chill for the rest of my vacation. Well and look for a new apartment because these folks up in here have gotten on my nerves with the entering my apartment to check for leaks every few weeks.

More later. I have an article to write and I need to drop off presents at my job for the ladies in the front office.

Comments

  1. I am in the process of planning a possible trip down South by the end of the Summer. I hope your trip goes well. I want to take a trip to the Caribbean, too!! :) Don't think that's going to happen, but I thought I'd put that out there :) Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackberry3:03 PM

      Cool. Hope all goes well with your planning. And you never know...you might get a Caribbean trip out of the blue. You just never know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break