Quiet please
It seems that I posted about the book by Susan Cain here before but I can't find the post. Quiet is a book by, for, and about introverts. It has really helped me understand why I approach the world the way that I do. Living in a world run by extroverts who won't shut up is exhausting. The daily meetings, sometimes 2 or 3 in a day in addition to conferences, trainings, and other interactive interactions forced upon me drains me. Then when I should be recuperating I have to work on my time off to meet deadlines that are too short to meet. This weekend I couldn't function. All I did was get my hair done, buy a few groceries, do a bit of laundry, and get a massage. No work was done. No cleaning nor planning. Why? Because I was so tense I was literally in pain. I wanted the massage yesterday so I could function today but getting my hair done took longer than expected. So I went this morning and it was a spiritual experience. So much came up inside of me. I was in a daze afterwards . I took a restful nap and no work was done. I might take tomorrow off though I hate to add another sick day but honoring myself is my first responsibility. These people don't care about me so I have to care about myself. I will be adding aha moments from the book here as I delve back into it.
Yes, you must take care of yourself!! I hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks TJ. Hope you and yours are well.
Delete-Fresh