On my journey to health and wellness
I know I have been threatening to do it for a while, but I have finally embarked on my journey to health and wellness. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I also feel like the weight is the main issue that is holding me back from fulfilling my dreams at this point. Every week there is a different ailment and I finally connected the dots and realized that I need to get back on that health train. Last weekend I worked out 3 days and intended to do it again this weekend, but I was so exhausted by Friday that I have just been home sleeping and recharging for the week ahead.
I have been eating HORRIBLY lately. Stress eating and just not taking care of myself. On Friday my feet were so swollen they looked like sausages. They still haven't completely returned to normal. Yesterday I slept all day and today I woke up and have been planning for the week ahead. That includes planning my meals. I already started working on meal planning last week, but this week I will do it. I am also eliminating all processed sugars for the next week (or more) and gluten. I want to see if it makes a difference. I have been getting rashes and skin conditions and I am realizing it could be a reaction to yeast/candida overgrowth or gluten sensitivity which is closely related. I also have been having ongoing respiratory issues and it is all related.
I can say that the days that I worked out I felt great! The third day was a challenge but the first two were great. I love sweating out the toxins and having energy. This week I gave myself a break, but i might try to force myself to get it in during the week. I really like getting up early to work out since I am usually so drained after work. I swear the people at work literally suck every ounce of my energy. I am calling this my wellness journey. Not fitness, not weight-loss, but wellness. This is all about getting healthy and happy. Depression has been knocking on the door and I have been holding it off as best I can, but it is moving in closer. I think diet and exercise can help me hold it at bay.
So today has been a chicken and egg scramble for breakfast, popcorn for snack, unsweetened juice with sparkling water, ripe bananas with cinnamon and rice milk smoothy. I am trying to figure out how to mix things up a bit with my meals. I am thinking I will have black bean and tortilla soup one night, Chicken cooked in the slow cooker with tomato sauce and spices with quinoa the next, I have lots of tuna salad to take for lunch, I have gluten free pancakes from TJs that I can eat with fruit compote of plain with just butter, there is more frozen chicken that I can spice up different ways or make into a hearty soup (my favorite!) AND yogurt...lots of yogurt. Replacing my juices and flavored packets with just plain water is also going to be a challenge. I need to see though what needs to change so I can get better.
So yeah, I want to give it a shot, if only for a week so I can see if it makes a difference. I also figured out that I can add coconut oil to my coffee instead of milk and sugar. I tried it today and it wasn't gag-worthy like I thought it would be. It is supposed to help with balancing out the crazy out of whack "stuff" in my body. We shall see. I also need to start drinking my apple cider vinegar each night and taking my garlic tea each morning. We'll see.
I have been eating HORRIBLY lately. Stress eating and just not taking care of myself. On Friday my feet were so swollen they looked like sausages. They still haven't completely returned to normal. Yesterday I slept all day and today I woke up and have been planning for the week ahead. That includes planning my meals. I already started working on meal planning last week, but this week I will do it. I am also eliminating all processed sugars for the next week (or more) and gluten. I want to see if it makes a difference. I have been getting rashes and skin conditions and I am realizing it could be a reaction to yeast/candida overgrowth or gluten sensitivity which is closely related. I also have been having ongoing respiratory issues and it is all related.
I can say that the days that I worked out I felt great! The third day was a challenge but the first two were great. I love sweating out the toxins and having energy. This week I gave myself a break, but i might try to force myself to get it in during the week. I really like getting up early to work out since I am usually so drained after work. I swear the people at work literally suck every ounce of my energy. I am calling this my wellness journey. Not fitness, not weight-loss, but wellness. This is all about getting healthy and happy. Depression has been knocking on the door and I have been holding it off as best I can, but it is moving in closer. I think diet and exercise can help me hold it at bay.
So today has been a chicken and egg scramble for breakfast, popcorn for snack, unsweetened juice with sparkling water, ripe bananas with cinnamon and rice milk smoothy. I am trying to figure out how to mix things up a bit with my meals. I am thinking I will have black bean and tortilla soup one night, Chicken cooked in the slow cooker with tomato sauce and spices with quinoa the next, I have lots of tuna salad to take for lunch, I have gluten free pancakes from TJs that I can eat with fruit compote of plain with just butter, there is more frozen chicken that I can spice up different ways or make into a hearty soup (my favorite!) AND yogurt...lots of yogurt. Replacing my juices and flavored packets with just plain water is also going to be a challenge. I need to see though what needs to change so I can get better.
So yeah, I want to give it a shot, if only for a week so I can see if it makes a difference. I also figured out that I can add coconut oil to my coffee instead of milk and sugar. I tried it today and it wasn't gag-worthy like I thought it would be. It is supposed to help with balancing out the crazy out of whack "stuff" in my body. We shall see. I also need to start drinking my apple cider vinegar each night and taking my garlic tea each morning. We'll see.
Comments
Post a Comment