Loving

I started this post and was almost finished when my tablet did something weird and the draft did not save. Note to self, do not blog on the tablet!

So, this post is going to be all over the place. I guess they all are since I am essentially always trying to get my thoughts sorted out when I write in this safe safe.

I will just post my thoughts in form of bullet points. Photos from the tablet are at the end of the post. 
  • I love waking up on Sunday mornings, eating breakfast, having coffee, and watching CBS Sunday Morning (which is what I am doing as I type this post).
  • Mandela was such an inspiration. The man lived the type of life that you read about in the Bible. Unbelievable stories of epic proportions. God bless him.
  • I have been having trouble focusing. I actually feel more focused this morning and will tackle this final exam that I have been putting off. I don't understand why I put if off so long. I was exhausted and sick, but then I just couldn't focus. I also tried to clear my plate of all of my work that had followed behind on the job and it drained me. 
  • I think I am going for a walk before I start working on my final. There was supposed to be a snow storm, but it only rained and today it is nice out.  
  • In an attempt to get my winter wardrobe together I have been doing a lot of online shopping. I mean - a lot! I still don't have enough pants and and tall boots though. Now I am kinda hooked on shopping. I had this addiction back in college and that "high" of getting something new and wearing something that makes me look "pretty" or at the very least presentable is returning. 
  • I have been reading fashion blogs a bit and watching YouTube videos of fashion bloggers which has really been driving my addiction to shopping. I did without for so long and it is such a blessing to finally be able to reward without guilt or sacrifice for myself for the hard work that I put in every day!
  • One of my coworkers said to me (somewhat sarcastically) "You are just loving your life these days. I like how you are putting yourself together these days." And I am loving my life. It does make me sad that people put so much stock into how you present yourself as opposed to who you are. I can create this image of myself but it doesn't necessarily have to be who I am.  So yes, I am reinventing myself, but also rediscovering who I am, and also who the world apparently thinks I am and should be. 
  • When I read about the pain that other people are going through I realize how blessed my life really is and I am so grateful for God's grace. Perhaps I am healing. 
  • Next week I plan to start hitting the gym now that my classes are finished. Yay!
  • I was supposed to go see a show last night, but my friend (the one who helped me move here) was sick and the weather was nasty, and I was supposed to finish the damn final so I stayed home. I also still have a bit of a cough myself. Also, I don't like going places alone here the way I did in NY. 
  •  I am actually in the Christmas spirit this year! I have decorations up, scented candles, and room scents, and I want to go visit Zoo Lights. 
  •  My uncle sent me an early Christmas present. GUMBO! Oh yeah! I ate it with vigor. I haven't had homemade gumbo in years. And he put plenty of crab in it. It wasn't my mama's gumbo or even my Aunt Lo's but it did the job and I am so very grateful that he sent it to me. It made such a difference in how I feel. So many good memories about gumbo from my childhood.  oh and boudain that he ordered from Texas.
  •  I want to spend Christmas in Paris. I am just putting that out into the universe. 
  • Totally want to spend time in London. 
  • Speaking of things of Biblical proportions, did you see that it snowed in Egypt? IT SNOWED!!!!
  • One more week until vacation! Yes, baby! Bring it on!
  • I need to buy a bed. A big comfy bed, with a stylish headboard that will be draped in pretty covers and pillows. 
  • Not sure if it is the season, the weather or what but I want to be all cuddled up with someone special. Like it is pretty much all I think about. Like, I REALLY need a winter boo.
  • Speaking of really wanting a boo, Superstar  (from the archives) dropped an online video about being in love during Christmas. 
  • Another former boo is fighting cancer. I have been thinking about both of them a lot and realized that they both treated me the same. They were both most gentle and tender men I have ever loved.  They were both also the handsomest men. Gotta love a pretty boy!
  • I am considering going back to being a pescaterian after the holidays. I have been eating way too much meat and I don't even really  like meat unless it is in a sausage or in soup. Or bacon...Lord! Bacon!
  • I want to paint my apartment. I haven't decided what color yet though and I will definitely have my friend help me since I have never done it before. Mommy always hired professionals for that job!
  •  My blood pressure has been high. I got a higher RX, but it has still been high.  I think once I make the changes I mentioned above it will help. 
  • I think I want to schedule my vacation. See some shows, movies, etc. so I don't wind up locked up in my apartment for the whole break. Yay! I get to do all of the things I've been wanted to do since I moved here!
OK, I think I covered it all. If not I will be back. Getting ready to do some laundry (GOD I LOVE HAVING MY OWN WASHER AND DRYER!!!) then head out to walk and take pictures for a while. Speaking of photography, I have been teaching a 6 week class to children and I am so proud of the progress they have made! We will have an exhibit next week! I am excited about exhibiting their work and curating the exhibit.

Stay blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break