Dear Harlem
Dear Harlem,
I don't miss you at all. I am so happy that we broke up. It was definitely time. I hadn't been happy with you for a very long time. I feel like I gave more to you than you gave to me. Unrequited love at its best. Even Brooklyn and I broke up amicably. But you, Harlem, you just kept me at arms length. Our 10 year courtship stole some of the best years of my life. You almost took my life, Harlem. I probably wouldn't have made it much longer had I not walked away from you when I did, Harlem. I lost myself in you, Harlem. And the more I gave, the less you responded. So, to save myself I had to leave you. I had to cut all ties with you. I am am free now. I am free to rediscover the beauty within myself. You took so much away from me, but I can go on. I learned to recognize selfish lovers. I can go on, and hold my head high.
I don't miss you at all. I am so happy that we broke up. It was definitely time. I hadn't been happy with you for a very long time. I feel like I gave more to you than you gave to me. Unrequited love at its best. Even Brooklyn and I broke up amicably. But you, Harlem, you just kept me at arms length. Our 10 year courtship stole some of the best years of my life. You almost took my life, Harlem. I probably wouldn't have made it much longer had I not walked away from you when I did, Harlem. I lost myself in you, Harlem. And the more I gave, the less you responded. So, to save myself I had to leave you. I had to cut all ties with you. I am am free now. I am free to rediscover the beauty within myself. You took so much away from me, but I can go on. I learned to recognize selfish lovers. I can go on, and hold my head high.
Comments
Post a Comment