Sleeping in a different bed
I would title this post sleeping in a strange bed, however I have slept in this bed so much over the past two years until it may as well be mine. I traveled by train today for an interview in the morning. I will then probably grab some lunch before heading over to the job fair. I wish I could say I felt nervous, excited, or something. I can say that I feel that this is where I belong right now. We aren't talking forever, though it could be. I never felt that New York would be my 'forever.' place. I always felt that this could be.
It is just so easy to live here. Relaxed and quiet most of the time. Less expensive to eat out. Easy to get around on public transportation for the most part. Ask me again once I am established here, but right now I am sure I will adjust easily.
Once I finish the interview and job fair I will take my hands off of it. I have been obsessed with finding a job. It is all I have been able to think about. Maybe my focus should be less on getting out of that 'place' and more on getting into my new life.
It's so funny though because whenever I come here I notice how much weight I am carrying. I don't notice it as much in New York. I look in mirrors, but it is not at the forefront of my mind. Here, I know I will fall right back into my old routine of work, gym, write, chill mode. I had a comfortable life here. It suits me.
I know I have been all over the place with this post, but it is indicative of my state of mind. When I return I will focus on cleaning and clearing out my apartment. Maybe once I begin to release some of my "stuff" it will allow room for new opportunities.
It is just so easy to live here. Relaxed and quiet most of the time. Less expensive to eat out. Easy to get around on public transportation for the most part. Ask me again once I am established here, but right now I am sure I will adjust easily.
Once I finish the interview and job fair I will take my hands off of it. I have been obsessed with finding a job. It is all I have been able to think about. Maybe my focus should be less on getting out of that 'place' and more on getting into my new life.
It's so funny though because whenever I come here I notice how much weight I am carrying. I don't notice it as much in New York. I look in mirrors, but it is not at the forefront of my mind. Here, I know I will fall right back into my old routine of work, gym, write, chill mode. I had a comfortable life here. It suits me.
I know I have been all over the place with this post, but it is indicative of my state of mind. When I return I will focus on cleaning and clearing out my apartment. Maybe once I begin to release some of my "stuff" it will allow room for new opportunities.
Comments
Post a Comment