No words

I have never understood how grown folks in the city can just "hang out."  When I was growing up, unless you were a bum, you didn't hang out as an adult. You worked, went to church, went to meetings, took classes, sold Amway/Tupperware/Avon but you didn't "hang out." So it is simply sad to me to see about 10 adults presumably in their 40s and 50s leaned, reclined, and propped all up against my car when I ran to the store this evening. Even the kids in the neighborhood will chill on steps or in the park. The fact that they have nothing better to do than sit outside, drink, and talk mess is bad enough. Sitting on your porch down south is different. These people live in what is said to be the greatest city in the world, and they have no hustle, no motivation, no drive. But the fact that they don't even have enough self-respect to care about other people's property is just pathetic. I don't write this to judge, but rather to remind myself when I begin to second-guess my choice about why it was I have to get out of here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break