Why ask Why?
I was thinking of inviting my coworker who lost her baby out for tea. Probably a passing thought, but it did pass through my mind.
See, we have so many paths that have crossed. She, however, made very different life choices than I made. She married and had a baby.
I decided that that was not the life for me at some point.
I thought about what we would talk about.
I never married. Not because I am gay or don't like men, but because I came from a single parent, female headed household that dictate that 'I don't need a man.'
I never had kids because I figured without a husband they would be a burden. That was the message I received growing up.
I sense she is relieved that she is no longer burdened with this life. She loved her son, no doubt! But for a young, ambitious woman having kids is choice you must consider carefully. I admire her valor, courage, and strength. I know she will have more children, but as for me, I will not do as Halle Berry having another child at 46. Mommy had me at 36 and that was considered older back then. I am just shy of being Ms. Berry's contemporary. Not happening!
See, we have so many paths that have crossed. She, however, made very different life choices than I made. She married and had a baby.
I decided that that was not the life for me at some point.
I thought about what we would talk about.
I never married. Not because I am gay or don't like men, but because I came from a single parent, female headed household that dictate that 'I don't need a man.'
I never had kids because I figured without a husband they would be a burden. That was the message I received growing up.
I sense she is relieved that she is no longer burdened with this life. She loved her son, no doubt! But for a young, ambitious woman having kids is choice you must consider carefully. I admire her valor, courage, and strength. I know she will have more children, but as for me, I will not do as Halle Berry having another child at 46. Mommy had me at 36 and that was considered older back then. I am just shy of being Ms. Berry's contemporary. Not happening!
Comments
Post a Comment