Loss
A coworker lost her 10 month old baby to the flu yesterday. How does anyone comprehend that? How does one ever get over that kind of a loss? I can't imagine how much pain she must be in right to lose her first and only child. I can imagine the guilt she feels for returning to work so soon. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't come back to work.
I would want to curl up in a ball and never get up again. That is how I was when my mother died. I would sleep and want to stay in that place, never having to deal with the reality of the situation. My aunt wasn't having it. She didn't allow me go into that place as long as she was around. We had arrangements to make so that she could go on with her life.
I already suffered from depression so losing my mother was a huge blow. As soon as I started to come out of that loss then my brother died. I spiraled. How do you go on when you lose someone who meant the world to you?
I would want to curl up in a ball and never get up again. That is how I was when my mother died. I would sleep and want to stay in that place, never having to deal with the reality of the situation. My aunt wasn't having it. She didn't allow me go into that place as long as she was around. We had arrangements to make so that she could go on with her life.
I already suffered from depression so losing my mother was a huge blow. As soon as I started to come out of that loss then my brother died. I spiraled. How do you go on when you lose someone who meant the world to you?
Comments
Post a Comment