List Maker

I am a list maker. If I don't organize my thoughts in writing then I start to feel overwhelmed and I shut down. I make list for everything from work related tasks, shopping lists, home related tasks, bills that need to be paid, etc.

Since I am no longer using my "smartphone" to stay organized (what a crock that was) I went back to the old school analog pen to paper calendar. I don't get distracted by incoming emails or frozen up when trying to plan. I make it a point to check my calendar daily to see what I need to focus on that day. I have one calendar at work, one to carry around with me, and three at home - kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. I am serious about staying on top of my life this year. If I constantly have dates staring at me I am less likely to procrastinate. At least that is the theory behind it.

The next thing I need to do is break my tasks down into small chunks. Planning to work on a particular project on a particular day for 2 hours so that my work is more focused and less on a whim. We'll see how that goes! The rebel in me likes to procrastinate then plow through it and finish it down to the wire.

This weekend I intended to make a list of what needs to be done this weekend. I never happened. I think had I done it most of the items would have been completed. Instead I have rested. Rest is important, especially since I have been suffering from insomnia all week long. However, I hate the feeling of having to force everything into one day and trying to squeeze home tasks into the week after working all day.

There was a time when I could do this...when I worked in an office setting. I would leave work and have a whole other life. Those days are long gone, but I am seriously considering going back to that lifestyle. This one is too stressful. I spend my weekends and holidays trying to recalibrate my body and then go right back into a stressful situation. So, I am making a list of what I need to do to stay relaxed and healthy until I can get out of my job situation. Maybe if I put in writing it will manifest.

  • eat small, low-fat, high fiber meals
  • drink lots of water
  • drink tea during the day and before bed
  • drink lemon water first thing in the morning
  • take apple cider vinegar daily or garlic blend
  • take vitamins daily
  • takes daily walks, yoga, swim and/or start a gym regime (start small)
  • avoid sugars, dairy, chocolate, and prepackaged, processed foods
  • eat more fruit
  • take relaxing baths and facials (schedule days)
  • Budget for spa days, bi-weekly massage, and bi-weekly mani/pedi
  • monitor blood pressure
 I won't put additional pressure to my life by saying I will lose XYZ pounds by abc date. However, hopefully by consistently making changes it will naturally happen. I used to be so disciplined that I would do these things. Back when I lived in Brooklyn. Back when I liked what I did. I was vegetarian/vegan, lost weight, in shape, healthy, well groomed, and focused. I could meditate and manifest. Somewhere along the way I feel off the wagon. Time to climb back on. 

I feel like I need a major upheaval to get myself back on track. Before it's too late. Before I have a wake up call. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break