Life in order
Took it easy last week since it was July 4th and we were in the midst of a miserable heat wave AND the elevator in my building was broken. I was on vacation, but I was still running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I slept. A lot. So now I feel like I am behind on everything. So this week I am back on it with a to do list. I am also scheduling out my time. Time to exercise, time to write, time to browse the internet, etc. I can only function well when I have my tasks written down. Otherwise I laze around and wonder where the time went.
Yesterday I sat down and thought about what needed to get done and I wrote it all down. I paid all of my bills for the month. I received a letter telling me what my raise would be this year. I was extremely disappointed. Not even $2,000 for the year. I am already underpaid. That was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, so I am also scheduling time to job hunt. I am so ready to get out of this area.
I had a moment the other night where I finally released my father. I had been holding so much anger and resentment towards him. It was a huge relief to let that anger go. I still have more forgiving to do, but in time.
This morning I woke up early - hadn't slept well the past couple of nights for some reason. I think because I have so much on my mind. I decided to put on my pedometer and try to get half of my days steps in. As it turns out I estimate that I can easily get about 6,000 steps in by walking to work every day. I walked 40 blocks and clocked over 5,000 steps. I am curious to see how many steps throughout the day I would rack up. Today's total was 6, 717. Had I not passed out when I got home I could have clocked the rest of the my steps.
While I was down there I decided to check on my lapsed gym membership. Apparently they just erased my debt. Not sure if it will later come back to bite me in the butt in the form of some random credit agency putting it on my report. Which reminds me, I need to order my free credit report (just added to my growing to do list.) They were also supposed to take a credit or debit card to restart my account, but I didn't have anything on me except my phone, keys, and I happen to bring $20 which was just enough to start my account again. I walked out and said I would come back, however I thought about the fact that the next person at the desk might not let me sign up again, and since I had the money on me I went ahead and did it. The guy was about to get of work so he let me do it. Lucked out!
This time I went with the $10 a month plan. The goal is to do cardio 6 days a week and weight training 3 times a week for 2 hours a day. I also need to reduce my caloric intake significantly. Becoming aware of the number of fat grams and calories in food is a real eye opener. Going out to eat is anywhere from 1800-2000 calories. The crazy thing is that includes salads and foods that one might think weren't too bad. So, I have to start cooking for myself again and going back to eating a primarily plant based diet. I also have to stop drinking sugar and go back drinking water constantly. Fortunately, despite backsliding I haven't gained weight. I am just holding steady for now.
I know all of the right things to do, but don't do them. I thought that my blood pressure would reduce once I was on vacation, but it hasn't which means that I have to lose this weight to get it to do down. I took it when I came back from walking and it was really high. I took it again after taking a nap and it was much lower so I can tell the exercise can make a long term difference. I need for this weather to stabilize so it isn't too hot and humid.
I spent the rest of the day catching on my work for the organization I serve. I had to make phone calls, send emails, and record a conference call. It's like a 3rd job, but it is for a good cause so I won't complain. My cousin wanted to meet me in Times Square this evening, but I had that conference call so I couldn't go. I took a(nother) nap after the call and when I awoke around an hour later I had a text from a childhood friend in town who also wanted to meet up tonight. I was so groggy I asked for a rain check.
Now I am contemplating trying to get a full night's sleep despite my two naps, or trying to get some writing in until I can't keep my eyes open. I have three interviews I need to transcribe and post online.
Saturday I went to Jersey for my friend's daughter's first birthday. They went all out. I went late because I already know that they never start when they say they will. True to form they didn't. I was also exhausted because I had spent all of Friday shopping for them. I think I still owed them a baby shower gift. I just got everyone something, but it took all day, two states, and about three malls. The last mall I didn't buy anything. I was too wiped out by then because the temperature was still in the 90s.
Did I mention my car doesn't have A/C? Yeah, I am so ready to trade her in for some upgrades. I wanted to finally get a brand new car for the first time in my life, but I really am not looking forward to continuing to pay a car note. I might look into a(nother) pre-owned/used car. I've had good luck with them the last two cars I've had. This one runs amazing well, but she has seen better days and she is so beat up being here. So many dents, dings, and scratches from kids climbing on it and people slamming their doors into it. Another reason I am hesitant to buy a new car while I live here. I am also now thinking that I will have to register the new car to whatever state I purchase it and I will have to see which state has reasonable registration fees. So much to consider so for now I deal with it being too hot for the two to three months of they year it is summer.
Tomorrow I have a long to do list. Exercise, laundry (can you believe when I got back from walking at 7:30 this morning the laundry room was already unavailable?!), nails (hopefully), pick up my prescription of Vitamin D, and Physical Therapy. I hope to get some writing time in as well. I will probably just get half of my steps in and get the remainder completing my errands throughout the day. I will be on the subway so that will help.
Well, this post is entirely too long so I will cut it off here.
Yesterday I sat down and thought about what needed to get done and I wrote it all down. I paid all of my bills for the month. I received a letter telling me what my raise would be this year. I was extremely disappointed. Not even $2,000 for the year. I am already underpaid. That was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, so I am also scheduling time to job hunt. I am so ready to get out of this area.
I had a moment the other night where I finally released my father. I had been holding so much anger and resentment towards him. It was a huge relief to let that anger go. I still have more forgiving to do, but in time.
This morning I woke up early - hadn't slept well the past couple of nights for some reason. I think because I have so much on my mind. I decided to put on my pedometer and try to get half of my days steps in. As it turns out I estimate that I can easily get about 6,000 steps in by walking to work every day. I walked 40 blocks and clocked over 5,000 steps. I am curious to see how many steps throughout the day I would rack up. Today's total was 6, 717. Had I not passed out when I got home I could have clocked the rest of the my steps.
While I was down there I decided to check on my lapsed gym membership. Apparently they just erased my debt. Not sure if it will later come back to bite me in the butt in the form of some random credit agency putting it on my report. Which reminds me, I need to order my free credit report (just added to my growing to do list.) They were also supposed to take a credit or debit card to restart my account, but I didn't have anything on me except my phone, keys, and I happen to bring $20 which was just enough to start my account again. I walked out and said I would come back, however I thought about the fact that the next person at the desk might not let me sign up again, and since I had the money on me I went ahead and did it. The guy was about to get of work so he let me do it. Lucked out!
This time I went with the $10 a month plan. The goal is to do cardio 6 days a week and weight training 3 times a week for 2 hours a day. I also need to reduce my caloric intake significantly. Becoming aware of the number of fat grams and calories in food is a real eye opener. Going out to eat is anywhere from 1800-2000 calories. The crazy thing is that includes salads and foods that one might think weren't too bad. So, I have to start cooking for myself again and going back to eating a primarily plant based diet. I also have to stop drinking sugar and go back drinking water constantly. Fortunately, despite backsliding I haven't gained weight. I am just holding steady for now.
I know all of the right things to do, but don't do them. I thought that my blood pressure would reduce once I was on vacation, but it hasn't which means that I have to lose this weight to get it to do down. I took it when I came back from walking and it was really high. I took it again after taking a nap and it was much lower so I can tell the exercise can make a long term difference. I need for this weather to stabilize so it isn't too hot and humid.
I spent the rest of the day catching on my work for the organization I serve. I had to make phone calls, send emails, and record a conference call. It's like a 3rd job, but it is for a good cause so I won't complain. My cousin wanted to meet me in Times Square this evening, but I had that conference call so I couldn't go. I took a(nother) nap after the call and when I awoke around an hour later I had a text from a childhood friend in town who also wanted to meet up tonight. I was so groggy I asked for a rain check.
Now I am contemplating trying to get a full night's sleep despite my two naps, or trying to get some writing in until I can't keep my eyes open. I have three interviews I need to transcribe and post online.
Saturday I went to Jersey for my friend's daughter's first birthday. They went all out. I went late because I already know that they never start when they say they will. True to form they didn't. I was also exhausted because I had spent all of Friday shopping for them. I think I still owed them a baby shower gift. I just got everyone something, but it took all day, two states, and about three malls. The last mall I didn't buy anything. I was too wiped out by then because the temperature was still in the 90s.
Did I mention my car doesn't have A/C? Yeah, I am so ready to trade her in for some upgrades. I wanted to finally get a brand new car for the first time in my life, but I really am not looking forward to continuing to pay a car note. I might look into a(nother) pre-owned/used car. I've had good luck with them the last two cars I've had. This one runs amazing well, but she has seen better days and she is so beat up being here. So many dents, dings, and scratches from kids climbing on it and people slamming their doors into it. Another reason I am hesitant to buy a new car while I live here. I am also now thinking that I will have to register the new car to whatever state I purchase it and I will have to see which state has reasonable registration fees. So much to consider so for now I deal with it being too hot for the two to three months of they year it is summer.
Tomorrow I have a long to do list. Exercise, laundry (can you believe when I got back from walking at 7:30 this morning the laundry room was already unavailable?!), nails (hopefully), pick up my prescription of Vitamin D, and Physical Therapy. I hope to get some writing time in as well. I will probably just get half of my steps in and get the remainder completing my errands throughout the day. I will be on the subway so that will help.
Well, this post is entirely too long so I will cut it off here.
Wow. You were busy! And hot! I've been thinking about renewing my gym membership after school starts.
ReplyDeleteHeck, I spend more than $10/mo. on junk. I might as well use to for a good cause. Also, if I can get into a groove my health insurance will cover my costs after 6 months.
ReplyDelete