Comb through it

I have signed up to review different products and hope to share some of them here. I am also trying products on my own. For example I have been trying to find the perfect shampoo conditioner combo that helps make comb outs easier on my thick, curly, natural hair while providing lasting moisture.


I tried Fekkai Shea Butter when it was on clearance at Target during the Christmas holidays. Wow! What a bargain because it has lasted for more than 6 months. I should have gotten two. (Now I'm wondering if I should scour the internet looking for more!)

I priced it at Ulta and it was a bit pricier than the deal I got, so I opted instead for the Ouidad Curl Quencher shampoo and conditioner. There was also a travel size of the Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner on the rack near the register. I'd wanted to try it out but didn't want to buy a whole bottle since they often sit around unused if I don't immediately fall in love with a product. This is the case with the Tea Tree formula that I picked up on sale at Target.

Let me tell you, this bottle will not go unused. I used it along with the Ouidad conditioner. However, I think both products could stand alone. Will continue to experiment with them. My initial impression however is that Fekkai is a superior product to Ouidad. Mainly because the product is so rich and thick that only a dab will do you. That is how I got it to stretch for so long so it is definitely worth the money if you aren't replacing it every few weeks.

I do prefer the Ouidad conditioner to the Fekkai condition and would probably choose to use the Fekkai shampoo with the Ouidad conditioner. I would use the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner for a quick wash or a poo-less rinse in the summer.
One of these combs is absolutely essential for combing out thick unruly hair

More on these products in future posts, but I am learning that cheaper isn't always best. Sometimes you pay a higher price upfront for a quality product that ultimately saves you money in the long run. This seems to be the case with these products. I predict becoming one of those people obsessed with finding them on sale though.

Comments

  1. I've got that comb! And the argan oil too! I've heard really good stuff about the Frederick Fekkai Shea products, too. Hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh Berry1:49 AM

    Keep an eye out for it at Target or try to get one of those coupons from Ulta. Man, if it wasn't for that comb I would have all kinds of cut out patches where I've let my hair lock up from just washing it and pulling it into a ponytail without combing it out. I am desperately in need of a hot oil steam and a cut. My hair was damaged from blowing it out and/or the salon using Keratin on it without my permission.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break