An Abundant Life

What a day. Again, I did not hit my goals but boy did I do a lot! I went out move the car and thought I would pick up some groceries while I was out. Well, I then decided that I wanted to do a little clothes shopping so I went into Marshall's. What did I do that for?  I usually avoid stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx because you have to really spend time looking to get some good deals. For some reason everything was a good deal to me. I guess because I hadn't really been treating myself to shopping excursions as much as I used to back in the day. I used to be a shopoholic. Now I hardly shop at all.

I found mostly tops, but that is because that is all I looked through. I went through those racks about three times, finally weeding out what didn't work. I walked away with some nice pieces that can pass for workplace casual. You can dress them up or down. I went HAM crazy in the housewares section. I really want to get organized and I am totally overdue for a makeover. I held off because I really wanted to move, but since it seems that won't be happening I need to make the best of it. If I do have to move I will keep the stuff I really like and get rid of the rest. It is just stuff after all.

Speaking of stuff, I made a huge boo-boo today at the store. I was looking at comforters on the top shelf and apparently genius decided that putting lamps on the other next aisle with no divider (as far as I know) was a great idea. So I was pushed the comforter back on the shelf I hear a loud crash in the next aisle. Sure enough the lamps had crashed to the floor and broke. Fortunately no one was there. I would have felt terrible if someone had been over there with their baby or something and gotten hurt. No sales associates bothered to see what broke so I just walked away like I had no idea what happened. I'm sure the security cameras captured the whole thing. No one escorted me out so I guess they just chalked it up. It really was their error. I had no idea there were lamps behind the comforters. Who does that?  They need to fix their schematic.

Number of steps today: 4931.  That was just shopping! Not counting grocery shopping that I intended to do when I left the house. Basically I had lost track of time and I spent 3 or 4 hours in Marshall's. Crazy, right?! Completely insane! Favorite buy of the day? A pedometer/heart rate watch. I've been needing a watch and since I am wearing my pedometer I might as well have a way to  keep track of my steps in case I ever forget to put it on.  Goals: bring down heart rate which will in turn bring down blood pressure. I'm on my way!  I was looking for those wristbands where you can stash your money and locker key while you run or work out. I didn't find one of those. Might have to keep looking or just go to a sporting goods store.

I stopped in a grocery store afterward to pick up fresh fruit and juice and it was all gross so I now only have about a pound and half of grapes, a bottle of green drink, and water in the fridge. Some people would say that is great. I really wanted to get some apples (which I just realized are out of season), carrots, and blueberries.  Been eating a lot of cooked food lately and just wanted something raw and fresh. Since I am taking the time effort to get more movement into my day I might as way put all of the pieces together and get some results. Also another reason I was hesitant to get a lot of pants. Tops can last longer in the closet once you start to lose weight than bottoms.

Tonight I was supposed to attend two art exhibits. As I said, I was still in Marshall's when 5:00 PM rolled around so that was nixed. I thought I was going to the Trader Joe's afterwards, but the one next door to Marshall's gets too busy after work hours and the next closest one had too much traffic backed up so I headed on into the city. No traffic! 

Came home and had to make several trips to the car to get the goods out. I still had stuff in the truck from before fourth of July when the elevator broke. I was going to do laundry, but my next door neighbor's kids were coming back up from the laundry room as I was coming in so once again, no fresh laundry. I thought it might be easier since the kids are all out of school now (exception of summer schoolers) but I think the fact that the elevator was broken fourth of July weekend messed everyone up.

I thought that one of my items had been left at the store and event took the time to type up and email to the Corporate Headquarters to inquire about it. Then I realized that silly me had put it in the closet. The closet? What was I thinking? I think I just wanted it somewhere out of the way. I'm glad I eventually went  back into the closet later on and discovered the missing item! Of course I then had to write to corporate again telling them I made a mistake. Doh!  But, while looking over my receipt I realized I actually paid more sales tax by shopping at that store. I paid both state and local sales tax which totaled about 11%. That's crazy! Stick to NYC where there is no sales tax on clothes under a certain amount or Jersey which is only like 4% sales tax.

The weather is supposed to get hot and humid again and one of the bridges is going to be under construction so I am trying to get a lot of this stuff done during the week. I think I will venture into Brooklyn for the next two weekends while the construction is taking place if I really need to get out the city.

Tomorrow another physical therapy appointment (might need to charge this one after my spending spree today and paying my bills earlier this week) and hopefully I can finally get that mani-pedi.  And of course, I still need to do laundry. This weekend I want to take it easy and get caught up with housework and writing. Maybe even make it the gym to start this program I have set out for myself.

Wow, where does the time go? It is after midnight and I am still up. I need to get my sleeping patterns back on track. I really need to get that massage and get to that spa soon.

And I restocked my travel toiletries (including a travel size of the Moroccan Oil shampoo and condition!) and packed my beach bag! Just need to find a cute bottom to go with the top of my swimsuit.  I'm looking for a swim skirt. Hope to find one on clearance online.





Comments

  1. I used to shop more often too. These days, the kids keep me on task when I go shopping. They are all like, ahem and is that on the list, if I get too comfortable. Sigh. I'm glad nobody got hurt with that lamp situation either. The manager should have invested a little more thought on that arrangement of merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh Berry7:11 PM

    I'm glad no one got hurt too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break