Won't Complain
Other than oversleeping and getting to work late (then trying to play it off) I had a pretty decent day. I can't think of anything to complain about. I am psyched about going into my birthday weekend! Spa day!
My doctor also gave me a clean bill of health! She recommended that I get Physical Therapy for the foot issue. I agreed that it might be helpful. She also prescribed a high dosage of Vitamin D. Now, vitamin D is one of the vitamins I had been taking daily. Turns out it wasn't nearly enough. I was taking about 1,000 IUs a day with combination of a daily vitamin, D supplement, and Calcium with D. She prescribed 50,000 IUs in the form of a pill I take once a week. HUGE difference. She said it will help with the bone density, boost my immune system, and even help with depression. The last one caused my ears to perk up! She also recommended the following: 2 grams of fish oil a day. Now keep in mind they sell it in mgs, so I freaked out when I realized I would have to convert mgs to grams. The metric system has never been my friend. For the record, 1,000 mg = 1 gram so I would need to take 2 pills a day. Finally, she also recommended 1,000 mgs of Calcium. The problem is that most calcium now has Vitamin D in it. Mind you, I am on a higher dosage of Vitamin D so additional Vitamin D might be a problem. So, I had to search for calcium without Vitamin D. I found one with 600 mgs. Now, let's do the math. I would have to take 2 pills which would then give me 1200 USPs instead of the 1,000 prescribed. You get the point. So the bottom line is that my already overflowing shelf of vitamins is even fuller now. I would imagine I would never get sick again in life at this rate.
Now, to get my weight down so my blood pressure will reduce is the next major step.
My doctor also gave me a clean bill of health! She recommended that I get Physical Therapy for the foot issue. I agreed that it might be helpful. She also prescribed a high dosage of Vitamin D. Now, vitamin D is one of the vitamins I had been taking daily. Turns out it wasn't nearly enough. I was taking about 1,000 IUs a day with combination of a daily vitamin, D supplement, and Calcium with D. She prescribed 50,000 IUs in the form of a pill I take once a week. HUGE difference. She said it will help with the bone density, boost my immune system, and even help with depression. The last one caused my ears to perk up! She also recommended the following: 2 grams of fish oil a day. Now keep in mind they sell it in mgs, so I freaked out when I realized I would have to convert mgs to grams. The metric system has never been my friend. For the record, 1,000 mg = 1 gram so I would need to take 2 pills a day. Finally, she also recommended 1,000 mgs of Calcium. The problem is that most calcium now has Vitamin D in it. Mind you, I am on a higher dosage of Vitamin D so additional Vitamin D might be a problem. So, I had to search for calcium without Vitamin D. I found one with 600 mgs. Now, let's do the math. I would have to take 2 pills which would then give me 1200 USPs instead of the 1,000 prescribed. You get the point. So the bottom line is that my already overflowing shelf of vitamins is even fuller now. I would imagine I would never get sick again in life at this rate.
Now, to get my weight down so my blood pressure will reduce is the next major step.
Comments
Post a Comment