SOC Sunday: People who love people
Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt: Are you a people
person? Do you feel energized or drained around people? What are some of
your favorite types of encounters or tell me a story of one!
I grew up as an only child. I learned to play by myself and enjoy my own company. So when it comes to being a people person, I have to really work hard at it. While I enjoy entertaining and socially at times, it really takes a lot out of me. I have always gravitated (or perhaps they have gravitated towards me) towards people who are outgoing and charismatic. The opposite of my personality. Sometimes I have taken on their characteristics and become less shy and reserved. As I have gotten older I have become less of a people person. Interestingly enough, I have always worked in fields that require "good people skills." Good communication skills. I feel like those skills have fallen off over the years. I will work on "boning them up" as I have closed myself off from interacting in an engaged way with most people who are not family members. I can't remember the last time I met someone who really fascinated me and drew me in. Lately I have been thinking about my ex who is so charismatic and exudes such incredibly positive energy and I am yearning for it.
(End of my 5 minutes.)

I grew up as an only child. I learned to play by myself and enjoy my own company. So when it comes to being a people person, I have to really work hard at it. While I enjoy entertaining and socially at times, it really takes a lot out of me. I have always gravitated (or perhaps they have gravitated towards me) towards people who are outgoing and charismatic. The opposite of my personality. Sometimes I have taken on their characteristics and become less shy and reserved. As I have gotten older I have become less of a people person. Interestingly enough, I have always worked in fields that require "good people skills." Good communication skills. I feel like those skills have fallen off over the years. I will work on "boning them up" as I have closed myself off from interacting in an engaged way with most people who are not family members. I can't remember the last time I met someone who really fascinated me and drew me in. Lately I have been thinking about my ex who is so charismatic and exudes such incredibly positive energy and I am yearning for it.
(End of my 5 minutes.)

I think that I, too, am drawn to the more outgoing people. They draw me to be more that way (sometimes even when I am not around them). But I am still not as much of a people person as others.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! I can be a big time people person, and most of my friends would say that I am really outgoing. On the other hand my husband would say that I can be quite anti social. I really enjoy my space, alone time, and being in a rut. Seriously, I have very little problem with doing the same thing all the time. Being a social people person takes away from that ;)
ReplyDeletebtw, visiting from SOC
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and commenting.