SOC Sunday: Change
Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt: How do you feel
about change? Do you like routine and predictability? Does it bring you
comfort or discontent? Talk about it general or tell us a specific story
about a big change in your life and how you feel about it.
I feel like I need a change in my life. When I was younger I was all about change. I was always changing my job, changing my city of residence, changing my hairstyle, changing my boyfriend. Something was always in flux. I finally reached a point in my life where I decided that maybe I needed to settle down. Plant roots. I have been in my apartment for 9 years. When I moved here I never imagined I would live here so long. I have watched my neighbors kids grow up, yet I am close to any of them. I have been on the same job for 3 years. And I have had the same car for 4 years. Yet, that nagging need for change remains embedded inside of me. I keep wanting to move to another state where I can get a "better" job and buy a "better"car and live in a "better" apartment. I want more, but wonder if I am getting too old to keep making major changes in my life. Change gives me life. I like the change of seasons (though I am not a huge fan of winter anymore). I know that change is a lot of work, and I have decide if I am up for the upheaval once again. Change is good. It offers a fresh perspective.

I feel like I need a change in my life. When I was younger I was all about change. I was always changing my job, changing my city of residence, changing my hairstyle, changing my boyfriend. Something was always in flux. I finally reached a point in my life where I decided that maybe I needed to settle down. Plant roots. I have been in my apartment for 9 years. When I moved here I never imagined I would live here so long. I have watched my neighbors kids grow up, yet I am close to any of them. I have been on the same job for 3 years. And I have had the same car for 4 years. Yet, that nagging need for change remains embedded inside of me. I keep wanting to move to another state where I can get a "better" job and buy a "better"car and live in a "better" apartment. I want more, but wonder if I am getting too old to keep making major changes in my life. Change gives me life. I like the change of seasons (though I am not a huge fan of winter anymore). I know that change is a lot of work, and I have decide if I am up for the upheaval once again. Change is good. It offers a fresh perspective.

You look at change like a lot of people. You need it. I dread it to a certain point. Good luck with your decision to uproot again. And I hate winters too. That's one change I would consider leaving.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visiting and leaving a comment. I dread the work that goes into making changes - interviews, looking for new apartments, packing, etc.
ReplyDelete